Has anyone received an offer?

Discussion in 'ViroPharma' started by Anonymous, Dec 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hopeful Ron got an offer to leave.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently there have been some offers in the midwest just given out. I am interviewing and the manager won't give me a definite offer date which is weird. Its like they are taking their time in certain territories. I understand because they have to make good hiring decisions but at the same time it takes awhile to get up and running with HAE/Cinryze....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes!! Got 152 base! I'm pumped! GLTA!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, you are either naive or desperate. The only positions they MAY be filling are those that were open prior to the Q32013 expansion. They have been open for some time because..., well let's just say the manager's nickname is Bob's Bigboy (acquired from the company before Viropharma). You are naive to think the acquisition has not placed a freeze on future hiring (and it goes without saying the acquiring company already has a sales force in place that sells an HAE product). And you must be in despair to share your inquiry on CP.

As far as the poster claiming a $152k base. That's bullsh!t. The offering base in 2009 was $90-110k while they may have dropped it in the 2012 expansion.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, it is so funny that this person must work in HR, they seem to know it all....I don't think a base of $152 is far fetched (I didn't write that originally) and if there was a definite hiring freeze why would I be interviewing in the next few days? You seem like a bitter person that may be threatened by new blood coming in. Sorry get over it. Put that in your pipe condescending and smoke it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the open territories?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not a good place to be.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck getting your patients

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orphan drugs are very hard to get the right patient population. Not only that, once you find them with your practitioner, the patient needs to agree to go on it for life, including spending the outlay each time they receive their meds. Insurance also challenges such drugs from even being started. In no time, you will be frustrated like many here, thats why many have flocked out of here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did they go? To primary care?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're required to call on primary care as well.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And where did they flock to?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still interviewing, there's a weird urgent-but-not-urgent thing going on. I'm still employed so I guess I'll hang out while the process goes on.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long does it take to go thru this process??? Geez.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you stopped to think that you may not be their candidate anymore? Move on

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am their candidate, corresponding w/manager on the regular tool

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand the complexities w/an A&M. What's
    truly disappointing is the amount of time & resources that I and
    other candidates have invested/wasted in this 4month process.

This urgent we need your information then not to do anything
    makes me believe that they have no clue. It's ridiculous.

Then to read the comments on here-

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel the same way. I am done, done, done, done, done.