HCA?

Discussion in 'Hospital Corp of America' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is it working in physician sales?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone working here willing to share any feedback? I am considering a position.
    Pay, benefits, bonus, pluses and minuses?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are going for a generalist position, you won't get a penny more than 70k base. Bonuses have little to do w/ you and a lot to do w/ your CFO and how hospital performs. It's a great job, but you can quickly get lost in politics and having to please the several bosses you will have.

Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Avoid it if you can. Potential early upside not worth long term damage you will suffer.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The same job is re-posted time after time in my area. Can they not find someone who they want to hire?? There are plenty of qualified people. Maybe that pay is too low for an MBA?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay is too low for a bachelors! Kansas City has had 100% turnover in the last 3 years including managers and none of it positive turnover.

If considering HCA...RUN, don't walk away!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To what area are you referring?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One issue in their recruiting and hiring is that they show age discrimination.
    The first question the interviewer asked me was, "What year did you graduate from college?"
    She has been working in HR at HCA for fifteen years, she said.
    Honey, you is a moron!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Almost a little shocking as HCA is a VERY CONSERVATIVE company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Conservative is one thing -- dishonest and outside the law is another.

I had the same experience: first question was about my age, not about my background or experience.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently HCA feels it can operate w/ impunity.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Age discrimination is so bad at HCA it is like in the film Logan's Run, once you reach 30 you are terminated. Older people might ask too many questions or expect to be paid a decent wage.