Headcount reductions being finalized

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the sales force work is nearly complete. ET direct reports have been asked to ID roles and people that can be cut.

Layoffs to be announce in concert with Q3 earnings to offset some of the Wall Street backlash and to demonstrate that action has been taken in the US.

My personal bet: -10% field roles, -15% in the home office.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hoping not but don't doubt it one bit.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's been a hell of a run...probably lasted 5 years longer than it should. I'm glad I saved every penny because I'll need it...Mortgage is killing me along with everything else going up while bonuses went down. I'm near the end of the career so will cut lawns if I have to, but I feel for the younger reps that have no idea what it is like outside of pharma and will expect to get on with another company...while we were basking in pharma glory pretty much all of the major players now contract out at about half what we make ( or less ). Luck to all!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

but, but, but......novo has never laid off anyone in our 50000 years of existence.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think field will only be 10%? It feels like it should be more.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No joke. Where did that guy go? Haven't heard the NNI cheerleader dude shouting his lies around here in quite awhile.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was more than one cheerleader type that used to be on here, wasn't there? There was that XX consecutive quarters person, and the other that smart-mouthed everyone that spoke ill of the company. "Thats a YOU problem." "Just because YOU see 3 people a day, don't assume that ALL of us are so bad at our jobs."

Stuff like that.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sticking with -10% in the field and -15% in the home office.

Only a shedding of 500+ people across the company is a meaningful number in the cost equation. Finance takes the write-off in Q4 for the very modest severance packages.

Ya gotta pin this one on the ET. For years we've been saying we're just too bloated and HR, IT, CE, Medical and other functions that have zero effect on generating revenue have grown substantially. And somehow, it kept creeping up. Even in sales we've been saying 'no mas'.

Book it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Pin it on CVS and United who are going with generic Lantus as first line in 2017.

There will be more. There will be blood.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Pathetic" generic Lantus? You can't be serious. CVS and others are doing to us what they did to Crestor when Lipitor went generic. And what they're about to do to whole class of drugs once Advair loses its patent.

Stop being a Pharma-fool. The glory days of charging an arm and a leg and then hiking up prices on insulin analogues are over. You're damn right there will be blood in the water, but it will be ours, not ETs. There will be and should be a field force reduction, but I strongly suspect that Plainsboro offices and cube dwellers will be safe.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6-8% seems to be the number the "prioritizing growth" task force has identified for "cost savings."

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get rid of the last group of reps hired. They are inexpierenced in working for a company like Novo! We have always been able to hold our heads up with dignity, passion & knowledge. A lot of these DCA's that were integrated stepped into something they don't deserve and it's only a matter of time that their unprofessionalism, lack of knowledge or desire will hurt us all.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Au contraire! There won't be any severance packages!
    They have enough $hit on every rep in this company... there will be mass firings!
    Pod mates are already feeding information to managers to spare their own positions.
    It's like a goddamn lionness feeding frenzy out here!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are on CVS 2016 and 2017 you guys suck. So much miss information on here. Things are going to change though that's pretty obvious.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insider to field: If you haven't had performance recently or past year or two...adios! Snip. Snip.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong. Did you not read the article in Fierce Biotech about UHC putting biosimilars on formulary? The article went on to state that CVS 2017 is keeping basal insulin (like Levemir) off formulary, in favor of the biosim of Lantus.

Sad, but true. Novo is going to need more than one round of layoffs with the introduction of biosimilars to a bloated market. These constant price hikes will now be our downfall.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hoax. Only ZS knows. People are not identified. It's done by algorithm to avoid favoritism and discrimination. Voluntary packages come first.

#RepLivesMatter

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many reps, DBMS, RBDs, and most of managed care Needs to go. Lighten the load. Times have changed my friends. We don't need a large sales force. Everything is dictated by who offers the best rebates. A monkey can offer a rebate to our MC customers. Trim the fat!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You couldn't be more wrong. Tenured reps and DBMs will be over-represented in the reductions. Thats always the way it is. Are you not an expert in your own business? Think, man: you can hire a full district of ex-DCAs for one pod's worth of DCS that are in their mid 40s.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ironically, the very tactic that paid for pods and our sweet salaries and benny package will be the weapon used to force ETs hand to trim hear count. Some lib media outlet (if you'll pardon the redundancy) will throw up a graph showing how the cost of Levemir and Victoza have grown like the Clinton Foundation's coffers over the past 7 years. To attract the uneducated reader, they'll then juxtapose those nice inclines with the slight increase in cost of something like milk or bread.

I agree that those hikes are going to be used as a weapon to make us ALL look like the Epi-Pen people, without mentioning all of the products we've brought to market in the past 5 years.