Health Question

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Oct 2, 2018 at 11:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am being treated for anxiety, depression and substance abuse (alcohol). Should I tell my boss? I have a company car and company insurance. Please help. Thank you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In my opinion, if you aren't driving the car under the influence, it's none of their business. If you are, then you better go in-patient, take short term disability and DO NOT tell them, this is completely confidential. You will never get out from under that black cloud.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been in your situation and I understand how difficult this can be. If you aren't driving while under the influence, nobody needs to know anything. If you are, in my opinion, I would go into some type of rehab, request short term disability and get help. In either case DO NOT tell your manager. This is confidential between human resources and you. There will be a black cloud over your head until eternity. If you need more info, I can guide you.
    Good luck..

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get help! Go to AA. Alcohol is a depressant, so it it really bad if you already have depression.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of the above. These posts provide very sound advice. Good luck and Godspeed.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here. Thanks very much for the honest advice. I quit drinking a month ago so driving is not an issue. Outpatient treatment seems the best way to go for me I think. I guess my concern is that I know we had to sign something which said that Pfizer has access to all of our medical records because we operate a company car. This bypasses HIPPA. So all of this concerns me. Thanks again for your support. Life can be tough.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Pfizer wants to dig and find anything about your health record, they probably will. Unless there is a reason, they won't. Do not offer this information to anyone as it's none of their business. Good luck.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

did you get a DUI or Pip? Bad numbers? When they threaten to fire you. Go on disability. Then you give Pfizer access to your records. If you’re emotionally stable, keep your mouth shut because the fat heffers in your region will eat you alive