Health System Manager (HSM) Position

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was contacted by a recruiter to explore an HSM position. The hiring director provided additional information. How is the collaboration working along side a Territory Business Manager (TBM)?

I would think the TBM can perform the HSM role as well.
    Lastly, how is the management culture in the HSM and TBM division?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think the TBM can do the hospital job too, there is no need for you to interview. You have no idea.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TBM and HSM are completely different roles and work together very well. Question #2 much more relevant: depends the RD and ZD (anybody who has been on this team a while will be okay). Even more relevant is supply & new structure 36-40 HSMs, 12 RBDs (not a typo) and 2 ZDs. Much of the knowledge and experience was eliminated in Q3 with the re-structure and even more of it has left since (thus the openings) so that should tell you quite a bit about the state of Leadership- high recent turnover of many tenured folks.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was little knowledge eliminated in the last restructure. Unless your definition of knowledge is dead weight and inflated salaries

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m considering the California position with Immunology. Is this a good time to join? How has the merger affected this division?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a very small division of tenured sales people. If you are on cafepharma asking about it, it’s probably not the right job for you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok, you can gain insights where you can. Which you provided none. Ok small division tenured people, so what? Tenured- don't you have that everywhere and that doesn't mean it is successful. small division- ok jobs are posted for months, so i guess no tenured people internally are qualified either. So i guess the job is too good for anyone? Sounds like an old school group that believe they are valuable because of tenure.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the position has been posted for months because there was a company wide hiring freeze in Q4 with the Takeda merger.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Takeda merger"????!!!!!! Newsflash. Takeda is buying us, not merging with us. My brother works at takeda and he said all of us at shire will be gone except the ones Takeda needs to stay. WTF?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your brother doesn't know s**t! Shire reps are superior to Takeda's robots.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re right, all of them. SMH

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was the huge mistake that Shire made with the Immunology Division after acquiring Baxalta. They dismissed many of the senior people who knew what the hell they were doing and how to get things done. Now look at the mess we are in. No product, No structure, No leadership. I sure hope Takeda learns from Shire's mistakes.

13. hemmings

hemmings new user

How to determine the cost of services? And in general, how is it composed?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

good question, can you explain more ?