hello and goodbye to you Pfizer friend

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Sep 23, 2020 at 1:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm ready to retire!

both husband and wife career pharma reps. both 55. no kids. Retirement 4.1 million, 380,000 left on 900,000 house. No other debt. One of best states to retire in for property taxes, income, sales etc. Wife worked for different company and just got laid off. She's loving life at the gym with mask, and running outside, cooking. She wants me to retire. I'm so over the eyecare space and entertaining quitting. We can afford the health care and want to start to travel. I think we can do this and I know we're young. We've always saved 20% since we were earl 20s and never really overspent too much on clothes, etc.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is the Seattle rep I think. good job

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF are you waiting for? Tell Pfizer to shit in their hats and get the hell out of this shitshow.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well done. Goodbye

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not sure I believe this

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I certainly don’t believe the 4.1 million part of the story.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know plenty of reps and DMs that had $2.5 mil or more in combined 401k and pension. Multiply times 2 reps, totally believable.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should be proud... im aspiring to be that financially sound. still in my 40s though... i would leave after covid and the election... your mind may change post..... i would move abunch of money to blue chips and live off the dividends... and volenteer or make whatever hobbie you love your new business. no more oh shit it mondays!!! Great luck to you...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

beautifully written

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s very plausible given the story... not unrealistic at all. I agree with last post, hang on thru covid and see what happens, maybe you can get severance. The biggest financial challenge will be cost of health ins’ probably 1500-2000/mo. Good Luck to op, I would definitely do it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. 49 years old and $2.7M in net worth ($2.2M in investments and pension; $500K paid off house). Please give me the package.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just priced health insurance. Just under $1000 per month, though circumstances and conditions can obviously change the number

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s pretty good, is coverage/copay/deductible anywhere close to company policy? I’m curious, not too savvy on private ins.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Raise your deductible to 10k. put that in a savings and the monthly cost drops astronomically... move it to 15 or 20 and it drops more....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THIS IS COOL. GUY YOU ARE DOING WELL

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No children is the key. LOL. otherwise the total dollars would be considerably less. Perhaps a same sex marriage.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe it. Single mom high cost of living city, 20 plus years pharma and have 1.7 M. Took 4 years off for grad school. The 4.1 by 2 pharma reps def possible. Well played poster and wife!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are doing well at $1.7M in net worth. Would you raise your hand if package was offered and just do ACA for healthcare once the Pfizer group rates/COBRA runs out?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is your mortgage paid off? No kids? Would you raise hand if package was on the table today?