Hem expansion

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Feb 16, 2020 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the base really only up to 150K ?
    That's awfully low even more big Pharma

Merck goes up to 170s
    Novartis low = mid 160s

What gives? Or is there flexibility?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a phone screen for a hem job here and was told $140-150k starting salary. Uh- no. If you want people with good experience in Hem or other highly specialized areas, you gotta pay more than that! I was thinking mid 160’s so I was shocked to hear it was so low! Bummer because the job sounded exciting to me but I can’t take a 20k pay cut in salary

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left BMS more than 5 years ago and that is was my base salary then at this new company I work for. I am up and over now.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My God you people are spoiled. Complaining about $150k salaries? I promise what you do is not worth that much.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the bonus at plan? I'm sure BMS has lowered that as well?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any word on this? There are still many open positions listed on the site. Some were posted in January. Why aren’t they filled?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS does not pay well and has too many partners I’m at $132k. Bonus is only mid 30s and no stocks. I’m looking to get out.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left after being here for only 1 year. Couldn’t stand the big pod system. No prior Oncology experience before coming to BMS. I got a $40k bump in pay with another company now. New base at $185k plus target bonus $50k and sign on bonus plus options.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the United States of America general public knew what you all are complaining about they would vomit. The pharmaceutical industry has bought and sold our politicians. It is an industry subsidized under the guise of high risk R&D for the benefit of the few. Price launch and price increases that are unjustified and out of touch with competitive markets. Way over paid sales reps. And on and on. It is a disgrace not an honor to be a part of the gluttony that is the pharmaceutical industry.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Bernie, sorry you lost again and sold out to the Democratic establishment- I love you chicken

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are an idiot. You can be a fiscal conservative and clearly see corruption in corporate America.

You can be a libertarian and see the way price is manipulated.

You can be a mainstream conservative and know the insurance and pharmaceutical industry has bought and SOLD our politicians on both sides of aisle.

You don't even remember one of, if not the first formal address President Trump made, stated unequivocally, the pharmaceutical companies are getting away with "murder". You just proved my point, dumb ass. Bernie is an extremist and so is the pharmaceutical industry given what it does to AMERICANS each day.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the responses on salary! Recruiter told me that $130 was the lowest end.

To the poster complaining about how much we get paid, you are clearly one of the many Americans that has very little understanding of the healthcare system and costs/pricing, including the role of insurance companies. You probably rely on the crap that comes out of the mouths of politicians or is posted on Facebook by your high school friends. At the end of the day, if you don’t like it, you need to vote for politicians that actually truly support universal healthcare or stfu. We live in a country with the most spoiled, indulgent, and lazy human beings on the planet. Most wouldn’t need the majority of the medications or even doctor visits if they would put down the McDonald’s and get off of their asses and move around.

If I have one more Trump supporting fat ass with the latest iPhone in hand bitch at me about the cost of his 5 medications, I’m going to lose it. You want to keep your money and pay less in taxes (your definition of fiscally conservative), but you don’t want to deal with the consequences if that. Healthcare is a business at this juncture. You are not entitled to shit. But, yeah, we’re a-holes for talking about where we can work to get the highest salary. Right.

Please take your ignorant, entitled, lazy, hypocritical ass to Facebook to bitch about the cost of drugs and let us discuss our jobs.

And just for the record, I did vote for Hillary and I do support universal healthcare. That doesn’t mean that I can’t try to get paid more for what I do.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are an ignorant pharmaceutical "rep". I am not for universal health care nor strict price controls. I am for serious legislated reform that pulls your warped industry into line with U.S. reality.

I am only saying, respectfully, there is corruption in the Pharmaceutical industry (same is true in the Insurance Industry). You work in a corrupt business. Dirty shit dealings that you have no clue. Some obvious things like prices for ALL Americans overpriced versus the rest of the world. Members of both sides of our political system agree. Many of them have been BOUGHT OUT by Pharma lobbying. Fact. Hence things like salaries are inflated versus the real value they bring. There is a greed that we Americans are all paying for as the industry is subsidized by us in one way, or the other. You can't change that. But long term, we better as I don't view my fellow Americans as worthless, lazy and stupid as you do. I see single moms working their asses off while a pharma rep saunters into an office. I see dads with 3 kids working two jobs having a genetic profile that they didn't choose, etc. etc.

And for your tranquility on this board. Yes, I agree, grab as much as you can while you can as it fits the MO.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet again your comments demonstrate your cluelessness when it comes to pricing or how much our salaries affect the price of a drug. Politicians do, but they prefer to sell you a line of bull to support your victim mentality to garner your vote. They place the blame anywhere except themselves. You are clearly just jealous. Unless you work for minimum wage to lower the price of whatever service or product your company produces, then shut it. It’s called supply and demand. You are insane to think that this industry is any more “corrupt” than any other large for profit industry in that they maximize opportunities that are legal to earn profits. You. clearly are the typical entitled, clueless American who latches on to any little piece of information, even those that are untrue, to justify your beliefs to make you feel better about yourself instead of making any effort to actually educate yourself on the full situation.
    But, go ahead and keep your head in the sand and wasting your time posting on here. So typical of people like you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So how many do-nothing losers will be in a do-nothing useless "pod" now? Are you up to 10 yet? LOL

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You, once again, make erroneous assumptions about a person posting. I am not entitled, lazy, jealous or ignorant. I am fully educated on the pharmaceutical industry. Pricing is a MAJOR issue (whether it really relates in any direct way to your total compensation....it has too idiot.) in American for AMERICANS versus the rest of the world. You get educated. And yes, every single grey area the pharmaceutical industry can exploit, every single loop hole they can run through they will without blinking an eye. That is not a political statement. The ultimate price is far higher that what other countries and their citizens pay. Fact. American tax payers and patients alike subsidize the U.S. pharmaceutical industry inflated prices. Fact. You get educated on the industry you work in. You are naive and yes, over valued. But, over time, things will get corrected and your industry leadership will scream that the government, etc. is not valuing the total offering properly. And that research will suffer. Bullshit. The pharmaceutical industry could make significantly less off Americans and still be doing very well indeed. Fact.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why not? You won't do anything anyway. You have little to no access and have a minimum of 4 or 5 others to help you phone in your catering where no docs or nurses will show for lunch.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello- What type of car is given to reps? Also what are daily expectations- since all are working remotely? Is is constant conf calls or spreadsheets to fill out? Do you have to go and meet with team members all the time?
    Can you just do well on your own, if you already have access/relationships? What stock is given? Please just honest answers, no snide comments. Thank you