Heraeus Kulzer

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any feedback on this manufacturer? Reputation, culture etc.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50%+ turnover! crazy president who is dilusional about what the business should do, doesn't respect sales people or managers. Rumour is that he plans to put sales team on GPS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true they are planning quarterly drug testing ?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know about senior leadership but the rumor is the incompetent head of sales was fired. Instituted micro-management mentality. Only question was why did it take sooooo long. West coast sales manager is a tool - he and head of sales brought the whole manage by numbers/forget the human side mentality to company. He needs to go next.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup! MC is the biggest liar / bullshit artist alive. Told me I'd make my commission then lo and behold - nada. Blamed everything on corporate but found out the reason I didn't get paid was due to him. Can't believe he still has a job there. I was told by another manager he was protected by his boss big Mike. Loved the company - hated my manager. Left that shitbag and got another job with a competitor. Kicking his ass now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"West coast sales manager is a tool - he and head of sales brought the whole manage by numbers/forget the human side mentality to company. He needs to go next."

I interviewed with a real d o u che on the West Coast some time ago.

Who ar you talking about?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't hate

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you tell me more on why you didn't get paid? There is a lot of this going on. President and managers are a joke. They definitely don't have a reps back. The manager in Arizona is a tool and a douche and close with MC in the west. Other managers hate him. I'd steer clear of this company. No money, no new products or ones you'll get paid on, and they have issues with a lot of products. Over 50% turnover in a year and company doing horrible. Everyone hates it here except for the ones that got lucky and are at the top of the rankings for doing nothing. Next year they'll be at the bottom. Also this company has no DATA. No way to tell who's buying, who you got paid on, no way you can see if you're even getting paid correctly. And yes GPS now.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For what reason is mgr a prick?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regarding GPS: I don't want to scare anyone, but I actually work for a company called "Den-Trak" - www.dentrak.com/monitor. We have a secret underground facility in Northern NJ and we are contracted by a number of the larger dental companies. Our job is to monitor the tracking devices placed inside company issued laptops/iPads/iPhones/blackberries (the two remaining in North America) and company issued leased vehicles. We use a combination of GPS (similar to TomTom and other services) and enhanced infrared topographical maps that are combined with data on individual territories including a sales person's home - we have listening devices within home offices. The system is designed to monitor the movement of the tracking devices; the starting time in the a.m.; the estimated finishing time later in the day; any stops during the workday that exceed a preset time limit; and the proximity to other signals from the same company (to monitor reps who spend time with another company employee). And just for those reps out there who think they can either disable or purchase some type of anti-tracking device, there is also an internal device that was implanted into your anus during your initial training. You'll find it if you look really hard. You might have even felt it. The company pumped sleeping gas into your hotel room and had a surgical team insert it while you slept. If you refer to page 30 of your employee handbook you will find the fine print disclosing such activity with the hold harmless agreement attached.

We also work with the National Yeti Institute to track Big Foot movement as well as UFO's within the continental United States. So, we are quite adept at knowing where you go day to day and what you do.

Paranoia anyone?

The truth is, no one needs a GPS device to know whether or not you're working. The company only needs to see your sales numbers. LOL!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So without going to far left or to far right the company is what it is. It is a great job if you want to make 90k and have good work life balance. You will not get rich, but at the same time you won't kill yourself either. No upward mobility so do not take the job if you have aspirations of management.

What has been said about the president is true. No idea what he is doing. If he were a cat, he would be on his 6th or 7th life. Chooses to put company money into ineffective marketing ideas that have never worked.

Management is a mixed bag, but ultimately they have no say in anything that happens. It is still a German run company and anyone other than the President has no say or pull. Managers are mostly nice guys, but ultimately they are puppets. Frustrating but it is what it is.

Definitely over 50% turnover in the last 16 months. Most of the top reps left but that has always been the companies plan. Just like any middle level sales gig, the good reps leave after 3-4 years and the company is okay with that because they firmly believe everyone is replaceable. Trying to enroll a dealer spiff program as we speak. Of course there is always a catch and it probably won't work. Oh well, things could definitely be way worse......or better ;).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the details of the spiff??? I need to get in on it!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG! This poster is hilarious! LOL!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Job opened in PHX? How's mgr?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you see an opening in phx? I think just on the metals side.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no metals side. Only division they have now is dental/lab in one. And no job opening there in PHX

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What metals?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Number 1-it's a solid company
    Number 2-there was turnover, but it's when they merged lab and dental. It has slowed down a lot
    Number 3-4 weeks vacation, car, solid 401k
    Number 4-people do get promoted. Not every month. It's a company with only 70 reps in the US. You can't have 20 managers
    Number 5-absolutely possible to make 90-100k, pres club can make more
    Number 6-solid products, been around forever
    Number 7-as long as you work, and do your job doctors will buy.
    Number 8-you don't deal directly with money or patients. Just put together deals and find new customers
    Number 9-it's a solid job

I used to work there. Left for a completely different type of opportunity.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Number 1: NOT a solid company
    Number 2: There is still a lot of turnover. Over 30 new reps out of 53 in 18 months, also VP and 2 managers gone plus many in home office. HK is cleaning house. Not doing well at all.
    Number 3:eek:k you're right
    Number 4: no way to get promoted in years and years and years. No room for it and if you're a female you can forget about it. They only promote females to desk jobs. They just promoted a few reps that were managers brown nosers and the company will take an even bigger dive. They have no clue what they are going now.
    Number 5: Good luck on that. They change the commission 3-4 times a year and it's less and less year after year.
    Number 6: Good products but discontinue a lot or have issues and when you lose those numbers due to company you still have to make it up even if they can't make the product.
    Number 7: very true but with any job
    Number 8: True but dealing with distributors are not that fun
    Number 9: company not that solid anymore. Everyones jumping ship.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it's a great company. Not a sinking ship. The turnover absolutely slowed down! You say they dont promote people.....so there is a chance to promote because they just did it. I like working with dealers. If you take care of them, they will sell for you! The commission structure changes every January. That's what happens when you take away or add products. As far as them cleaning house, I really haven't heard of anyone getting fired this year. Some people quit, I don't know of anyone getting fired!

Stay Positive! It's a great company. Sometimes I wished I would have stayed. I still have friends there.