Here comes Amazon!

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Oct 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they just receive Pharma licenses in 12 states! Wow, CAH Is doomed if this happens.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Going to get a job with Amazon

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, leaders were told 4 years or so ago Amazon was modifying their IT to handle expiration dates, among other changes. McKinney consulting has yielded questionable results, but CAN prefers that avenue vs listening to experienced employees or a few board members.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leaving drugs on porches for thieves to take? Expensive drugs?.Opiates?. Is the person who orders responsible if its stolen, the insurance company, or Amazon? Who is responsible if some neighbor kid takes the drugs off the porch and becomes deathly ill after taking it? Are you going to be happy if your $600.00 drug order is not there when you get home, and Amazon says well we delivered, not our problem. Drugs are not kleenex.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you think happens today with mail order pharmacies?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your right, probably happening already with current mail order companies. Amazon packaging might be more recognizable though.
    What would be the benefit of buying drugs from Amazon?
    Better costs? Better than the current large competitors? I'd like to be at a meeting where Walmart execs ask why Amazon is getting a lower cost on some medication.
    Is their model less expensive operationally? They will need pharmacists. Aunt Matilda still going to have questions, and Amazon will still need to connect with doctors and staffs for questions, drug interactions etc.. They wont have brick and mortar, but they will compete with well entrenched mail order companies.
    Apparently they cant ships drugs and non drug items in the same box, so they probably wont save much on combined shipping.
    The mail order firms deal largely with client using drugs long term. If you have an acute illness do you want to wait to get your script, for a day or two?
    Lots to consider, reimbursements, EHR connectivity, verifying eligibility, Controlled shipping environments.
    For people buying from Amazon it would be like an online Walmart, Oh I am here why don't i get my prescriptions too.
    Amazon will need that business beyond the scripts, just like the brick and mortar pharms, for profitabilty.
    If its repetitive long term medications, whats the benefit to buying from one mail order versus another? Is there excessive profit in mail order rx?
    I dont have the answers just lots of questions. Amazon is obviously successful. It is a complicated environment though..
    There is anxiety in the industry, but anxiety breeds action. I hope the industry will not just bury their heads in the sand while Amazon destroys the neighborhood pharmacy.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal is fu*ked anyway. Just look at the knuckleheads running this company. Management has created a mega-clusterfuck here, and it's gonna get a lot worse. Death By Amazon (also known as DBA) will indeed cripple Cardinal beyond repair unless we start replacing the Dublin Ivory Tower morons with professionals. Can we clone Ken Langone?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal is fu*ked anyway. Just look at the knuckleheads running this company. Management has created a mega-clusterfuck here, and it's gonna get a lot worse. Death By Amazon (also known as DBA) will indeed cripple Cardinal beyond repair unless we start replacing the Dublin Ivory Tower morons with professionals. Can we clone Ken Langone?