Hey Josh

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Aug 25, 2017 at 3:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of us are in survival mode as opposed to making the best decisions to grow our business.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I agree with you about the "heart" of a rep I do think that the micromanaging is hurting sales. When you know you are going to get an angry call from your manager on a Friday because you didn't get signatures from the people on the list they told you to call on it is very frustrating. You spend half of your day chasing doctors down, who don't see reps anyhow, to send back your iPad to get a signature when you should be out finding doctors who will see you and you can therefore move business,

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 5981307"]Most of my colleagues on here with agree with the above and disagree with me. I think most of what is mentioned above are excuses. So do you really think that if we were “left alone” to make multiple calls that we have easy access to / that sales would increase at a much larger rate? The poster mentions the “heart” of sales. To me the heart of sales is $ , and I will do what it takes to do so. Unfortunately most sales co’s have parameters that must be met (# of calls, etc.) it’s that way in almost any type of sales- it’s the nature of the beast.

These can also be seen as an excuse - but there are market dynamics that prevent higher growth - Competitive products, IBS-D (short course of therapy/non-chronic treatment), perception of cost /coverage and no real resources to overcome these, and PA processes - lack of a partnership with a specialty pharmacy. The expansion was needed -but territories are far from ideal for primary care- we need more reps and smaller territories to grow /compete in primary care.

Despite all of this -I will do what I need to do to grow. All of the “noise” is just part of the job. I’ll do what I need to do to make $, and the opportunity here is better than most. Just my thoughts - likely unpopular though.[/QUOTE]

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Grow a pair. If we have call same time as important lunch or appt. I tell mgr I'll catch up later because this doc is important. Not doing it to skip call...my customer is important and my manager agrees. If you are slack ass and do it to get out of conf call, mgr will know

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree completely - no freaking way am I going to let them have a negative impact on my opportunity to make $. That’s a win/win for everyone. Just use your common sense and stay off of the ”radar” and all is good. It’s really not rocket science. If you really think that call expectations and “tasks” are why you can’t grow your business -Pharma isn’t a good fit for you. It’s not going to go away. Just deal with it.