Hey Sanofi ... Your reps hate you

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The talented ones are leaving. Senior reps are quitting. Regional managers are fearful. Abls are fearful. Reps are confused and fearful.

Launch machine didn't work out. Moving to a check the box mentality was a great idea.

I don't know anyone who would recommend Sanofi as a job to a friend or family member.

Congratulations on running a sales force into the ground in only 6 months.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to that!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad but true

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get ready for another fun filled Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season. It is only 6 weeks away!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its all part of the overall master plan. Get rid of high $ experienced proven reps. Hire contract sales for a much cheaper price. Not as much $ in benefits, insurance, retirement, ect. Who really cares about seeing sales reps anymore, it's all going to be digital anyway. The Physicians are up to their butts in paperwork, thanks to Obamacare. Drugs are going to be regulated by Big Government, & Big Insurance, and they want generics. It's all about money.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In complete agreement with above. What is stated was true 3-4 years ago however the wild card was the changes to the Health Care system brought on by not only Obama care but other forces in the health care marketplace which, 3 or 4 years ago was an unknown, or at the very least created much uncertainty.
    There exists now a clearer picture of the future of health care, patent cliffs have been reached, and companies such as ours has a much better idea as to how to move forward. The existing model of sales and marketing is going away. Our jobs as they exist now are a thing of the past. There are cheaper alternatives ( contract sales force) and marketing will mostly become a bidding analysis of cost containment amongst the insurance carriers, government, and health care systems. Reps, Specialty reps, managers, and most other sales and marketing positions are obsolete.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New poster here. I am fortunate in that I had a great manager who I still keep in touch with. He is wise and insightful beyond his years and I learned over time he is very well connected to some of the movers and shakers within our company and the industry. Last week, we met for dinner and the conversation turned to the status of our company and industry.

It was obvious that he is scared for our future. Not that he is worried about his job; he is financially secure and his spouse makes good coin. He thinks that within the next year, if not sooner, there will be the beginning of a major shift in how our industry does business. Part of this " shift " will be a reduction in the head count of reps and certain HO personnel whose roles support the " traditional " sales and marketing model. Essentially, he sees a 50+ % reduction in sales reps as they are initially replaced by contract reps . Further down the road, and depending on local/regional dynamics, reps , regardless of their tenure, will be eliminated as there will no longer be a need for them.
    I am worried.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry. You beat out 150 people to get this job. You have potential for duccess. Greatness even. Ride the wave for now

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread was taken in wrong direction.thepoint is that sanofi reps hate sanofi more than they hate the competition. Thats how bad it is. and thats a pretty big shift. If you read these posts people are blaming this on industry and on the aca plans.NO.sanofi would love to have all of us think it is like this everywhere.its not.they have maligned our professional reputations and are still insisting we are not good sales people.im looking for an opening at novo and I cant wait to show sanofi how good I really am.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously (not being sarcastic) that is the spirit. I wish you the best. Sanofi is a mess.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Regardless of what is or will happen in our industry or in Healthcare, management @ Sanofi are pigs with the way many managers are treating the reps. PIGS!

12. get a clue

get a clue Guest

Sanofi has no clue. The management has no clue. We have no clue. Pretty much sums it up...we are clueless.

What about those of us that have built the business? Maintained the business? Secured the business? It doesn't matter anymore. Just stay home and watch Oprah reruns. They are more entertaining than what we have to deal with everyday.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not saying this to make excuses for anyone but they are trying to keep their jobs too by doing the bidding of the executive level management. There is not a singe manager out there that has made a real decision in the last 3 years at Sanofi. They do EXACTLY what they are told. And remember we are doing the same. We all have a choice. People forget that. So stop a minute and think about that. The managers are following orders. Yes. I know what that sounds like and it is as true today as it was then. So always remember you have a choice and even if it means leaving this company ( ultimately )there are some things I refuse to do. And you should too!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thing is I can do what I am told but still not be an impersonal A$$Hole to those who report to me. Too many managers , I believe, actually enjoy being bullies to the reps. Way too many. That is my single most important observation and is the reason why I hate this company...they allow this behavior to occur. And, yes I will leave as soon as a job that pays within 70% of my current salary is offered to me.
    Best example is what has and continues to occur in the mid atlantic area. I saw it first hand for several years and I am told those behaviors still exist. Read the blog. Talk to people. Many managers are egocentric A$$holes. PERIOD!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes there are bullies so you just sit tight and remember that karma is one bad ass mfer

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am sorry you are being treated poorly (we are all being treated poorly). I think you have more to actually be concerned about than someone being an impersonal dick. The Company has turned up the volume once more on the narrative that was put out into the media about a year and half ago. It is a rehashed version of the Sanofi reps being lay abouts and coasting on Lantus sales. I find this intriguing even though it really has damaged the reps with regard to potential future employment. Every time management mentions this be sure to jot it down. It could be important. And don't forget to ask them what it is exactly they have been doing since Lantus launched. What big spectacular work fills their sad ass resume?? Last time I checked Lantus has been giving many of them a paycheck (plus stock for them) for a very long time too. How curious. And if they just jumped on board this monkey train what were they doing before they came? Volunteering to feed hungry babies at the homeless shelter?? I think not. Ok next time you hear it, and you will, you just write it down with the date.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. Bullying is part of their business plan. The managers scold and berate Their reps all the time. It comes from the top down. They have this magical thinking that if we did everything EXACTLY The way they tell us to do that Toujeo and Afrezza will be megablockbusters.

You can not be a blockbuster unless you have formulary coverage that at least matches the competotion. No matter how talented and dedicaTed he is, a midget is not going to kick Mike Tyson's ass. Hawthorne and Balzer can go fuck themselves. You cant make purfume out of shit.

They themselves tell us that it is against the law to say Toujeo is better or safer. So why the hell should doctors use it? Challenger doesnt negate this.

Afrezza? Oh please. Smart men with degrees from fancy universities didnt see this coming?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are going to have to start hiring more desperate people if they want to carry on this way.may I suggest people in work release programs from prison? I think you will have , shall we say, captive employees that will do anything you say! Have hr set up some hiring fairs at state pens and your sales will soar.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, I just hate the managers. Bunch of Bullies with no Balls to stand up to senior leaders

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buckle up. Management now in phase 2, using metric data to justify putting reps on performance plans, with the sole purpose of promoting sales force attrition. If you havent left notice by d-day, they will have amassed enough documentation to fire at will.
    Basically, upper management is in competition now throwing their ppl under the bus. Only chance they have to show their worthiness to higher ups and (maybe) retain their own employment.