HEY SHARON!!!

Discussion in 'Acumed' started by The Shop Floor, May 4, 2018 at 1:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Are we gonna launch any new products or what?
    The only thing you've done since you've been here is get us audited by the FDA.

Given what I've seen, I'd say you were still working for Stryker to bring us down from the inside.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She’s only at Acumed to make it lean and then sell it. This line was designed before we had iPhones. Drop it while you can!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cut her some slack! She's done plenty in her time here.
    If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have:
    A "Sanctuary" Room
    New Picnic tables (with umbrellas!)
    Disc golf baskets
    EV charging stations
    Roving rent-a-cops
    No meeting Wednesday
    Summer hours

All that is the kind of stuff that's going to make us a...
    DESTINATION EMPLOYER

These are the kind of things you have to provide in lieu of actual money.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMg she must hate this thread!!! I bet she checks it daily and is trying to get it removed. What the hell is a scantuary room anyway? Come on Colson just throw in the towel and stop buying into her lies. We deserve much better!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is coming from someone who has long left Acumed. I think Sharon is trying her best with the tight purse strings that Colson is trying to strangle her with. She's done a LOT for the company, as that list points out, and I do think she's a great leader, but she's super disconnected from the "little people" now that these morale rollouts have happened. Oh boy, a sanctuary room! Who the fuck asked for that when we're clamoring for meeting space as is?

She needs to do more round-table discussions with people OUTSIDE of management and leadership roles. Raising wages would probably go a long way towards making people happier and would stop the bleeding, but that's not going to happen because Colson loves money too much.

She's getting confirmation bias from the other leaders on the executive team (which is why they, quite laughably, keep trying to plant positive Glassdoor reviews (you're fooling no one) and so she probably thinks things are hunky dory on the shop floor and in the offices, when really people are leaving daily and those that remain are looking for better jobs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Being that the statement above is highly likely true, a bit more transparency towards the ACTUAL direction and goals should be provided. When 1 project is #1 today, then tomorrow its #18, then, the following day jumps back to #3, this is a problem....in fact, this is the SAME problem prior management did for multiple years. Pick a course, and stay the heading.

People leaving, yes, this is a problem. Acumed, especially talent on the shop floor, whether it be good machinists, P.E's, Techs, or, even supervisors that have left has been a severe problem within operations. Yes, i will concur wages would help "a bit" and help buy time, but, culture, direction, and innovation are horribly lacking at the moment. Hopefully, HR and upper management are reading this, understand, people when they feel their opinions and thoughts are valued, they will be engaged. The whole, "take this survey......", sorry, that has completely worn out its welcome. What happened to the prior 5 surveys with the "promise" of fixing it?

All in all, currently, sharon and her admins, havnt done any worse of a precieved job than the prior, however, she, as of yet, hasnt done any better either. It has been a year, and all the people see on the floor is, tightening of purse strings, quality reining as SUPREME with no underatanding of there position or job, and lack of new product introduction. If this isnt the case, then, THIS is where transparency must come in to play.

Time will tell.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doesn’t matter what she does, this ship is sinking. She took a job that will ultimately fail because it always does. Honestly she is not that good.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kelly Packard should have stayed and ran it all as president. That would have been something. Jensen was in way over his head. Not sure who's bright idea that was. The equivalent move these days would be like putting Paul Tervo at the helm.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't forget the 82" TV's and lobby remodel!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remodeling our lobby is important when you have the house on the marketplace. I never park out front so I can avoid walking through this waste of investment.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Given what Glassdoor has to say no one is happy. Keep up the good work lady!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you ever considered that it was her predecessors at Stryker who created all the SUCCESSFUL framework for here success in that role. We at Stryker thought so.

And, most all of the Big Territory Reps that did all the selling and heavy lifting in the early days left Stryker in mass after the new regime came in and took over John Brown's business model. These reps are now the ones running the smaller independent companies throughout the USA. Corporate World Sharon is for the tame ones! Ha ha ha

"NO BUCKS, NO BUCK ROGERS"

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sharon absolutely ruined the Recovery Science Division of DJO. Was so fixated on a solution that was not going to gain market share and did not stick to the fundamentals of block and tackle selling. Ultimately she was asked to move on, but people continue to buy her BS. She does understand the bundle and Healthcare dynamics but can not add to sales.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bundling is now coming back and knocking Stryker out. They are being killed with their own sword!

Time for a new give away program, Stryker.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really does t matter. Acumed does not have the products to compete. No new products in years and just a matter of time until they sell off.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sell eh? Who wants this garbage heap of a company? All of their products are already subpar and have been improved upon by others. Maybe Sharon has a bunch of new products on the way................

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You all sound like a bunch of bitter ex-employees. Either that, or you’re currently sub-par employees who probably won’t last much longer.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not bitter, I have a serious crush on her!!! She can out perform most all of the male corporate flunkies in the medical device industry by noon each day.