Hill-Rom

Discussion in 'Hill-Rom' started by Anonymous, Jun 19, 2006 at 10:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jobs are not the only reason to live some place. I wouldn't set foot in SC for love or money. One GOP vice governor candidate (Moore) thinks public schools should be abolished in favor or private church-run schools, another GOP governor candidate (Bowers) claims in his sermons from 2001 to 2012 that women cause 95% of all divorces even if the husband was the one who cheated. Talk about 1855 thinking, no thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you pick you place to live based on politics, you need to move to your own private island.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The politics of schools hits at one of the most important reasons people move to an area. If the schools suck, who is going to move there and put their children at a severe disadvantage? No one who has any brains, that's who.
    As for the moron who claims divorce is mostly women's faults, would anyone who has a vagina move to an area that sports that kind of misogynist leanings? Hell no. Politics DO matter in where you live. if they don't you are not listening and are willing to remain ignorant.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So that's why people move to Batesville?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Compared to many areas, the schools are very good. Lots of kids graduate and go on to higher education. Most of the community is clean and quiet, all towns have a rough area so that isn't a big issue. Also it is nicely placed between Cinci and Indy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not everyone has children going to school or a vagina. Some people move to areas based on culture, weather, and the economy. What point are you trying to make here?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, small towns are much better than large cities!!!! I lived many states away from Batesville and I moved away from one of the largest cities in the USA. One day it hit me that I needed to get the hell out of the city. I have found that living in a much smaller town has a lot of great benefits and who in the heck really wants to live in a big city filled with polution and crime not to mention fighting traffic every single time you leave your home? What a waste of time! It always makes me smirk a little when people from big cities think they are miles ahead of small town citizens. I stay home a lot and read great novels, craft beautiful things, and entertain and delight in great conversations with my guests while my city friends are shopping and eatting in their vast array of resturants. I feel like my life is much fuller and rounded than most...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like the most boring person alive. WTF moves to the country to read a novel and "entertain" I hope you didn't breed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, if you are any indication of a big city person, you need some help and maybe a course in courtesy. I've lived all over the US, from big cities to small towns to wilderness areas. Big cities have their charms but to each their own. Why do you feel the need to denigrate the other poster, does it make you feel better? Are you so small minded you cannot expand your brain to encompass that every place appeals to someone, but not every one? IS your reproductive equipment so small you need to beat up on someone else?
    As for the breeding part, wtf are you talking about? Do you think only those who live in big cities should breed? That only those interested in buying crap rather than making it and living a simple life should spawn? Like I said up post, you need help, badly.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your writing skills far exceed your comprehension skills thats obvious. Indication of a big city person? What part of that post led you down that road? Not sure anyone cares the diversity of your past homes. Big cities have no charm who are you trying to fool, they have crime, stench, and nasty pathetic people. Not every single one of course, I only say not every single one so you do not waste my time and yours writing a post on my courtesy toward city dwellers. Also, very juvenile attempting to "beat me up" on "beating some else up" on the reproductive equipment, very juvenile. I suppose your daddy could beat up mine now? Pathetic attempt. Not that its in your realm of a possibility anyway. You are almost as boring as the last.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your nice posting! I found it very ironic that he or she hit the nail on the head with one of my points: For some reason people from large cities think rural citizens are "boring" and perhaps even back woods? Just as I mentioned; I smirk when I hear that kind of big city attitude because I learned a while back that shopping and restaurants do not improve a person's intelligence. Shopping and restaurants are not true entertainment nor do they breed happiness. The only thing they do is make you broke and fat. I also learned that happiness comes from within and not from being materialistic because the more you buy, the more you want. It is sad that great books, warm friendships and interesting conversations are almost a lost art. I clearly think most people are missing out on the best part of life because they are too busy keeping up with the Jones.' Yes, I will continue to live my rich country life and while I am strolling through the woods hand in hand with my husband listening to the river flow and the birds chirping I think about why I tolerated the city life as long as I did? While I am relaxed and enjoying my simple life, I also think of those who are sitting at a stand still in traffic hoping they are able to at least make it to the next exit within an hour.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are welcome.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dude, not the poster you are responding to but just a reader. It looks to me like you were the first one to bring up reproduction and saying small towns were boring. Kind of leads me and others to think you were defending big cities. If you were not, sorry but that's how I read it. I didn't see anywhere that someone threatened you either, more like they were pointing out you were being pushy about your ideas. Sorry if it wasn't the way you meant to write it, but it sure sounded that way.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, we do have a few quacks running for office in SC but they will not win. Charleston, Berkeley County and even Greenville upstate all have great schools. A significant portion of the population growth is attributed to those who have migrated from out of state, including a lot of our current professional educators.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does any of this have to do with sales for medical devices or Hill-Rom??? Go back to topix and argue there.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has to do with sales for medical devices in this way:

They are not selling anymore, just whining like all disgruntled Hill-Rom employees

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're selling but the problem is the competition AND HILL-ROM's pricing. There are a vast array of DME companies who are much more reasonably priced. Gone are the days where the customers is looking for quality...Now they simply want to spend less and put their patients on any product just to show that they got them off their foam mattresses.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another lackluster quarter- and new acquiston that is a SIX person company? Is the well running dry?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The acquisition he talks of is the 95 person Virtus business. The other 6 person business wasn't mentioned. Not stellar, but not as bad as you indicate.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well if you think a 6% decline in NS sales acceptable? I wont ask you for financial advise... if it wasnt for the surgical division it would have been an uglier quarter.

The acquisition is - Hill-Rom has acquired Starling Innovations, Inc., a provider of technology designed to enhance communication capabilities between patients and their caregivers. The Starling team and its products will be integrated into Hill-Rom's Clinical Workflow Solutions (CWS) business.