Hill-Rom

Discussion in 'Hill-Rom' started by Anonymous, Jun 19, 2006 at 10:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Integrated, milked dry, then canned you mean. Just like the other larger company they acquired. I don;t for one single second believe Finnarty's words in regards to keeping that, or any other company they acquire, intact or close to manned the same way. Heads will roll, the higher ups just have not figured out how close they can shave the pig and not kill it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it is pretty funny how the old ACDs used to fret over rental. They gave it to the AEs and it is no big deal. Bye Bye COMS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an idiotic statement, why would Hill-Rom get rid of the one true differentiator that they have. I hope you do not work for us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And another idiotic statement. The only true differentiator that Hill-Rom used to have was the once robust SERVICE organization that has been decimated by clueless executive management over the last 6 years.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the bean counter that runs service! He is complicit.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been taking to the folks at Myco Medical in Cary about a position. It reports to their Sales and Marketing VP, Betty Hoff. Since she was former Hill-Rom, I am looking for input on possibly working for her. Thx.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really have to love the town halls when someone ask about the Chicago office... I really thought JG was going to blow a gasket? After all people this is where "I" live?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course, it is all about JG and where "HE" lives. After all people, we did open the Chicago office to attract better talent. How's that working out for him?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting thought... if you could calculate what the return on investment (ROI) is for the Chicago office and the talent it has attracted versus sticking with the hicks from Indiana?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and I believe the results under the hicks from Indiana have been much better than the Gangsters from Chicago!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not defending Chicago in any way. He has made a killing off the backs of our family. But some of the "hicks" in Batesville?? Some of them need to LEAVE.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many capital deals have started with rental? Have a little humility. A seasoned rep would never dream of minimizing that role.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's over here. Get busy moving on if your not already. There aren't any relevant new products coming anytime soon. The culture at this company is awful.

I don't what's worse: 90% of Batesville doean't know this site exists… or, the Hill-Romers that do don't know how a message board works… 40+ pages on the same topic? And the topic is "Hill-Rom"…

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run Forrest Run!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there ever going to be a lawsuit against Hillrom for all the 50 yr old layoffs?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you have to sign your rights away to get severance. Most of them are too used up to fight and will take the money and run.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There has been numerous lawsuits filed, but the company is smart enough to get them to settle out of court before a verdict.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm looking for a new opportunity, I found a posting from what looked as an anonymous company, choicing to hide their identity. I thought Hill-Rom was a recruiter. Here is the job listing, please only honest and hopefully positive feedback. My company just down sized my management position nation wide, and I have 4 little kids I need to feed!

Here is the job posting

Service Operations Manager-Medical Device
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Leading Provider of Medical Technologies

Provide direct supervision, leadership, coaching, and daily direction for a single or multi-site (sometimes geographically disbursed) staff consisting of 7 to 28 non-exempt associates. Overall responsibility for training and performance in the areas of safety, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, achievement of key performance metrics and following all SOPs and work instructions for a technical and customer service focused team. Maintain and build effective relationships with customers. Establish strong communication links with sales team to review financial and profitability goals, customer service plans and growth opportunities across the rental, purchased and Asset Advantage businesses. Responsible for the achievement of revenue generation through Fee for Service (FFS) targets and service contract renewals, achievement of set cost targets, customer satisfaction, associate development, and operational improvements.

Service operations manager- medical device
    Essential Duties and Responsibilities: – Other duties may be assigned

Provide direct supervision, leadership, coaching and direct daily supervision for a single or multi-site staff.

Select, train, and ensure optimum performance with emphasis on a diverse work group.
    Establish good working relationships with sales colleagues, as well as with other departments, external customers and suppliers (Ensure cross-functional cooperation and success).
    Development of staff and self through regular meetings and one-to-one interfacing.
    Conduct biannual/annual APEX (performance) reviews to ensure performance expectations are set, monitored and executed.
    Maintain a high performance workforce (Top-grade).
    Execute change initiatives.
    Create environment for open, continuous and proactive communication.

Achieve Operational Results

Direct responsibility for assigned inventory accuracy.
    Ensure rapid and accurate work order completion.
    Demonstrate, instruct and ensure the strict compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and company policies.
    Monitor the implementation of all continuous improvement initiatives.
    Directly responsible for the achievement of all key and operational measures – in the areas of safety, development, customer satisfaction, operational improvements, and cost containment.
    Prepare business cases to justify personnel or equipment requirements, and be involved in the acquisition of those requirements.

Achieve Financial Results

Direct responsibility for FFS generation and meeting set targets. Average goal is $120,000.
    Assist in service revenue retention through the compliance of service contract performance to plan and renewal based on performance and value of service provided. Average service contract value is $250,000.
    Drive profitability in service revenue through the efficient execution of service resources to complete contract terms and conditions.
    Ensure effective and efficient utilization of all resources and assets.
    Initiate and monitor all local expense controls.
    Ensure the appropriate utilization and optimal deployment of all parts and equipment.
    Maintain appropriate cost measures to achieve results within the planned expense targets.

Maintain excellent customer satisfaction throughout full service offering in acute care, long-term care and home care.

Meet or exceed customer satisfaction through related metrics such as elapsed time, open calls, capital contract compliance, 24-hour repairs, etc.
    Develop and present quarterly business reviews to customers.
    Identify and resolve problems, effectively and expeditiously.
    Serve as an active participant on the customer care, sales and service team.
    Develop effective relationships with customers, internal sales and other staff.

Ensure Regulatory Compliance

Demonstrate, instruct and ensure the strict compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and company policies while monitoring to ensure the implementation of all continuous improvement opportunities for all operational processes and standards.

Create and maintain a safe work environment.

Provide constant communication and education of (personal and facility.)Personnel and facilities.
    Participate in, and lead, safety initiatives.
    Investigation of recordable incidents and implementation of counter-measures to improve safety.
    Acknowledge and accept that any injury is avoidable.

Supervisory Responsibilities:

Single or multi-site locations with 7 to 28 non-exempt associates.
    Perform all personnel-related activities, including hiring, disciplining, developing, coaching, providing work performance evaluation, and termination.

Qualifications:

Overnight travel is required.
    Proficient computer skills in Excel and Word.
    Proven competence in communicating vision and aligning staff’s performance; Establishing goals and standards for staff; Building customer relationships; Working as a team player with others; Coaching and developing staff; Recognizing and rewarding staff performance; and following-up and following through on commitments and self and staff work assignments.
    Consistently meets or exceeds work requirements.
    Must be recommended by current supervisor.
    Must live within geographic area assigned or be willing to relocate.

Education and/or Experience:

High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
    A minimum of 5 to 7 years industry related experience with satisfactory or better performance.
    A minimum of 2 years of progressive supervisory experience (related industry a plus)
    Job Summary

Functions:
    Operations / Production

Industries:
    Healthcare
    Position Type:
    Full-Time

Experience:
    5-7 years

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the company won't tell you their name, I would pass and fast. They may be into nefarious stuff, one of those companies (like HillRom) that hire you for a few years then let you go just because (50, make more than X amount of $, change management so out you go, etc.) No freaking way would I ever bother with a company that was so afraid of its name that it could not put it out there. Scary stuff.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ad was not misleading, the job is with Hill-Rom, a market leader in their field.
    As long as you don't like to think for yourself, can manage to metrics honestly, and work in a highly regulated company, then the job may be for you. The only drawback is the employees need to respond 24/7 and if they fail to it may fall to you to get out of bed at 2 am.