Hill's Pet Nutrition

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2007 at 10:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's it like to work as a sales rep/territory manager at Hill's? Typical day? How large are the territories? How's the salary range and bonus/commission? What types of products and ease/challenge of sale?

any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too am interested in Hill's Pet Nutrition, recently phone interviewed and now waiting for the face to face. Any insight on this company would be helpful. I'm coming from pharma sales and ready to welcome a change.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't believe the bonus hype! They give a flat bonus to everyone, regardless of how far over goal you are. if you are motivated by uncapped bonus, look somewhere else.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

decent car, salary is okay and depnds on experience

bonus can be good if you are in the right area

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What salary range are you looking at with previous pharma experience?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just interviewed for Baton Rouge....seems like a cool territory. Wanted to know if anyone has any insight into the area and market. How is the management? support?

Is there lots of educational/ teaching opportunities to seperate yourself from the pack?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is the national headquarters?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a first year rookie and it's a pretty cool job. Not a lot of micromanagement and deep pockets for expenses. As long as you can put an "education" spin on things, it'll get approved.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the educational tip! I take it you are on the Vet vs. Sales side.

How do vets and techs reply to the Rx Diet "sale" and where are they mostly using it?? for sick animals or are there consistent sales based on educated customers?

Also, what area are you in?

How long was your training?

Are your goals reasonable?

Are there lots of admin demands?

Came from big/ mid pharma

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you fucking stupid? This is the age of the internet! Do a Fucking search!, douchebag

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for a sales position for stores, and wondered about culture, the degree of micromanagement, and type of vehicle. Is there an expectation to work weekends?

Thanks for the info.

12. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Guest

Education???? How many more lame AAFCO Lunch and Learns can you do. Your company is lame and your science is junk. The industry is laughing at you

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The science is far from bogus. Its the best for prescription diets. The marketing of hills is a joke though, and the company is horrible to work for. Its owned by Colgate and everyone knows how they are. Pay is relative, can be good is you play the corporate game, or it can be pretty low if you don't kiss up to the right ass.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hills customer service sucks!

15. Funny Moe

Funny Moe Guest

I heard a funny joke today...... Y/D

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I would sincerely appreciate anyone who can provide some more insight into the vet channel sales position. I see no one fully responded to the above posts, but I thought I'd take another stab at it.

What do you like most and least about this job?

What is the likely compensation for a new hire with a long term successful pharma background?

What does the training entail?

Thanks very much!

17. Sorry for the immature posts, that stuff happens.
    The training is not to bad, you fly to corporate and the explain what the diets are and how they work.

The easy part is when the science is explained behind it; any diet: Because Hills says so. There is no actual science behind the diets. You see, Hills was first to market and have been resting on that for years now. Now that Royal Canin is a player with actual science behind their diets, we here at Hills are losing business everyday and scared for our jobs. That’s why we had to start using distributers reps as Royal Canin has moved past them.
    Once you are done training, which only takes about a day, you are thrown into the field.
    The field is easy as you drive around all day and orally service the vets for this business.

Salary is way too much as we do nothing.

Hope this helps.
    Great benefits too.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks a lot, I've been at same pharm company 10 years so understand the immature venting posts. I appreciate the information.
    I don't know if I will even be contacted but I want to make an informed decision as I am in a lucrative position but there's so much bs.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above poster either doesn't work at Hills or is a poor rep who should get fired. The company is amazing to work for and someone with a pharma background should do well only if they truly worked at their pharma job. Training at Hill's is about 2 weeks in corporate and then there is field training on top of that.
    As far as the science, Hill's has more studies around their products than all 3 other competitors COMBINED. Royal Canin is not a bad company, but they are not the most ethical when it comes to the way they sell their products. Also, the job is not as stressful as pharma.
    Good luck!

20. Truth Teller

Truth Teller Guest

That’s absolutely not true about the most science….. RC has over 1400 peer reviewed studies done on their diets, how many does Hills have? I can answer that you for you, high 190s. How many studies does Purina have, around 200. How many studies does Iams have, around 400. Whats that add up too? Around 800 peer reviewed studies for Purina, Hills and Iams….. Nowhere close to RC, so I don’t know where you came up with that statement.

“Not the most ethical”; Let me ask you this, which company walked around with salt shakers ask vets if they were comfortable feeding high sodium diets to their clients??? Hills went around with this scare tactic , KNOWING, that RC diets are all way under AAFCO standards for a high salt diet.

You work for Hills, that’s fine, but don’t post lies