Hire, fire, hire more, fire more, promise the world, hire more, sell invalid test or be fired...

Discussion in 'Pathway Genomics' started by anonymous, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are considering working here, do yourself and your family a favor. Move on. This is a "turn and burn" factory for reps. They promise promotions and big $$$ yet deliver little to none. The little they do provide is IF you last longer than 60 days. Advising against working for Patheticway is the best advice you will never know how good it ends up being. If you decide to work there, you have been warned. Go someplace that respects it's professional sales people, trains them in a classroom, not a converted storage room that doubles as a conference room.

I had to beg for marketing material and was told I was using too much. I mean basic sales vis aid material. Items that would be frequently used on a daily basis. They have a requisition system that tracks every sheet of marketing material you have ordered and how often. I wanted to re-order business cards because they only ordered 250 for each rep. That should have been a huge indication of what was ahead. They also have calls/call notes. It doesn't matter if you are logging calls or not. It doesn't matter if you can get them back to MDs that few other reps can see. It doesn't matter if you have access to MDs or not. It doesn't matter if you can bring them into any account they want to visit with little to no notice. Sell tests fast or be gone even faster.

They would call each rep daily and often times multiple times a day to "check in" and see if you have any "success stories." They also pit other reps against eachother in sales and encourage others to "tattletale" on teammates. In over 15 years in this industry, I have never heard or seen anything like it. Ask them where they went on their national sales meeting. Or what there Quarterly Sales meeting are located. Or how long the meetings are. They answers they give you will provide great insight into how cheap this organization is.

They are a low budget sham of an organization. It doesn't surprise me that they are now "asking" reps to sell a genetic test that isn't clinically validated. And what happens if you don't sell tests that have little to no clinical data? You're gone. No warning. No verbal. No discussion. No write-ups. If you request clinical data to support the marketing message, they want to know why you are asking. If you tell them a physician requested clinical data, they blame the rep for being a poor sales person. Basically, regardless how little or poor the clinical data is, it's the reps fault for not moving tests. Shortly after jointing, I found out multiple previous reps had been consulting regarding a class-action lawsuit.

There are great companies and there are nightmares. Most are somewhere in the middle depending on management and the product. Patheticway is a nightmare from the CEO, to the regionals, to the products. You have been warned.

Best of luck in finding the right fit for you. Rest assured, it's not with Payhway.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are even considering working for this company, don't. I have personally seen well qualified and successful reps from other organizations last 6 to 7 weeks without as much as a verbal warning. They get an email or a call telling them their employment is over. I have regretted and profoundly apologize to the friends I have referred to this company. Every week at Pathway is the equivalent of one dog year. Save yourself, your family, and your creditors the trouble. They are in the business of false promises, promoting failed unproven products with no outcomes, and horrid business practices. You will ruin your reputation with providers and tarnish your career. You have been warned.

If you are a recruiter, you should reconsider your relationship with a company that treats it"s employees in such a way.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PG doesn't pay recruiters that is why they layoff people before the 3 months. To them people are toilet paper.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what happens when someone with no sales experience thinks she knows more than all sales people.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how many sales reps left? More or less than 3?