Hiring freeze or Pause

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, May 26, 2022 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was contacted for an interview and did a digital interview and then was told Abbott is pausing interviews until July. Is there a national HR hiring pause??

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, this is true across several divisions & functions; both top & bottom line financials for Q2 are expected to come in lower than expected, EPS will get hit.

Divisions that over hired and drove up ABT stock price (based purely on 'potential growth) over the last 3 years (Diabetes care, nutrition, cardio) are now being given headcount reduction targets for 2022.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ABT stock price was driven up in last 3 years by record profits brought in in the midst of a global pandemic (hello Diagnostics), billions in stock buybacks, and more billions saved by paying record tax rate lows (thanks, Trump).

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All those billions of dollars in record setting profits from government sweetheart deals yet Abbott fails to maintain a clean and adequate factory that produces close to half the nation’s baby formula supply. Shameful.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe instead of pushing to be recognized as Top Innovator, Best Company, etc. etc etc- management should focus on getting their facilities in better shape. Take the money from the branding department and put it in the maintenance of facilities.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about firing Robert Ford and Chris Calamari to start and distributing their annual salaries and lifetime pensions to repair the Sturgis facility and to the babies’ families that died to start?

We have all seen employees let go for minor violations far less severe than what Ford and Calamari have allowed under their watch. Double standard for all of us that get paid peanuts compared to the leaders who have dragged the company into this mess.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I resigned from my DSA position with ADC back in March, and was surprised when they didn’t fill my position, but this certainly explains it..Glad I left when I did!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This would be the very least Abbott could do to start in earning back trust.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott’s “go to” firing method for getting rid of employees is finding some minor infraction. Mind you, many other employees get passes for the same infractions and still have their jobs. It’s only the employees that Abbott wants to fire that get held to accountability. There’s no consistency in the rules and enforcement. This is well known throughout all of Abbott.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well known practice. This is how things work around here. Get used to it or get out. Anyone who speaks up will be dealt with accordingly.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The news about the contaminated baby formula is not surprising to anyone here. Neither is the firing of the whistleblower.

What needs to change is the people hired into Abbott leadership. They aren’t qualified for the roles they were brought into. They aren’t interested in problems on the floor and assembly line. This problem will continue to occur until this culture issue is addressed and fixed.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs 2022?