Hiring Freeze

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, changes in both sales teams

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will we find out tomorrow or have to wait for our managers to call (since they are in Cambridge until Wednesday)?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least Jamie got his big promotion. Think like an owner!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bingo! If field sales had been taken more seriously when this all started, today could have been avoided.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad to know the ‘Gen MacArthur’ of IRWD is safe and got a cushy promotion. Great example by a company to reward incompetence and the person behind a failed drug launch..SMH

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sorry to those laid off. This company is a joke and run by Novartis has beens. Good reps were let go only due to the fact the company launched it poorly with little to no support behind it. No KOLs, no managed care and limited budget the last couple of quarters.

IW execs should be ashamed of themselves for this entire ordeal.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total failure of a company, but as someone who was displaced I was allready on my way out anyway. Saw it coming. Today was a good day...don’t have to sell that Crappy Duzallo anymore.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well said. Only thing missing is the fact they actually acquired this product. Someone up above should be let go.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ironwood should be embarrassed by their failure to successfully launch a new product, starting with the inability to identify a worthy drug acquisition. It didn’t take me very long to figure out why AZ sold off lesinurad at a fraction of what they paid Ardea Biosciences. Someone at IRWD obviously didn’t do their due diligence. A boxed warning for acute renal failure? Seriously? (Hello!? Why don’t docs titrate allopurinol above 300 mg in the first place?) There should have been some fall-out in Cambridge over this. But, the lack of good marketing (speaker programs for Zurampic, better messaging, etc.) and scant managed care coverage are the real embarrassment! At least those were somewhat controllable. The reps that got displaced will find better jobs selling much better drugs. IRWD should stick to R&D around linaclotide and leave the sales & marketing to Allergan.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As someone who co-promotes for Allergan...Ironwood GI reps are worthless. They only cause a logjam in offices and are like robots

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol this is hilarious coming from an allergan Rep. allergan reps are the lowest caliber or reps that I have ever worked with. Any of the ppl that we lost will bounce back and be just fine. Can’t say the same for your colleagues who got that call a few weeks ago. Stay off our board jackass.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

worst company ive ever worked for...run