Hiring or Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm confused! I'm seeing tons of open positions and hiring going on but I'm reading about layoffs?
    Also, why are there no drugs listed on the company website? what are you guys selling?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company just had layoffs and restructured the sales organization. Openings are probably in areas that are densely populated and due to people leaving company in droves. The drugs are Nuedexta and Onzetra. If your not seeing on site Maybe it's because company is being investigated by DOJ and recent bad media coverage on CNN so company made a business decision to not highlight products but you'd have to ask marketing. Smart to be doing your due diligence. Good luck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wholly shit! I just googled avanir off lable and some crazy stuff came up! I'm still going to interview anyways for the sake of practice.. any salary, car, info available? just curious.. TIA>

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Us drug reps must be pre-screened for the dumb blonde gene prior to hiring (sorry for the non-PC ref)...We believed all that happy horse sh*t during the interview and training...just knew we were making a difference in 'educating' the docs and in pts 'lives'...we're 'valuable' key players in the company blah blah blah...our numbers were always the best so only the bad reps will get laid off...

Was laid off number of years back with another company.. Get call to interview with another major pharma company that had just announced 1000 reps being let go....do the dog and pony interview .. can I work in USA, drive? experienced? tell me a time when? Any questions for me ? the interviewer asked..yeah what's with the layoffs and this interview? Is there really a job here? I asked. Uh...no...not really was the answer...did say they liked to keep fresh resumes on file just in case!