HIV

Discussion in 'Gilead Sciences' started by anonymous, Nov 3, 2016 at 2:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this division a good place to be?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The best and the best arguably in industry. The fact you ask the question clearly demonstrates you do not have the proper insight not just in the division but the company and marketplace.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you. I meant how's the culture and stability.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cubs Win!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gilead is not a good place to be anymore. Most are trying to leave. The stock is worthless and the drugs are older now. Stay where you are unless you need a job.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't work at Gilead but I will say this: The HIV products are top-notch as is their HCV portfolio. I know little about their culture and morale of the sales force but as far as products, you really can't go wrong.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10 years ago maybe. It's changed now. Gilead is fun like big pharma. The stock is tanking too.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WHat is the salary for PREP position? how does it compare to just selling?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salaryis$98-120k based on experience,bonus TBD

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's something very gay about The Gilead Sciences.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could you please elaborate? Is this is a good place to be with long term stability? Pros/Cons?

Much appreciated.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Realize that under the new regime, grant programs that fund a lot of HIV care will be cut tremendously (and Medicare/Medicaid as well). Unless Gilead is planning on making PrEP affordable to low income individuals, it's not going to sell and RW funds that would have paid for PrEP will need to be diverted to medical treatment.
    If Pence has any say in the future tx of HIV, there won't be because in his mind, those living with HIV did it to themselves. His previous trysts as governor--delaying a needle exchange program and trying to divert RW funds for a "gay conversion therapy" program says it all.
    Not to mention, there are a lot of newer therapies that treat HIV on the horizon, and a few promising vaccines to prevents as well.
    And, if CDC funding is cut, I wonder what programs will be cut first???

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bad.
    Gilead has always been a challenging environment (can be a good thing) but something has changed in the last few years. Mainly since 2012 and the introduction of Overlay reps in HIV. Changes that Gilead would implement used to make the job more efficient and easier. NO MORE. Our home office keeps rolling out new requirements that continually make the job more difficult. Demanding IC goals are one thing, but how you do your job is overly scrutinized. Surprise "in person" dinner program audits, investigations, conf calls with business conduct lawyers, electronic tracking, call length metrics on your ipad, etc etc. Mostly all BS

Worst thing is you cant trust anyone. You never know what someone is saying and to who. Gilead rewards those willing to throw their fellow reps under the bus. The golden handcuffs have become tarnished beyond recognition.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True or untrue, none of that matters if you do your job correctly.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And there you have it. The attitude of a marketing driven company towards the babysitting of its salespeople. Couldn't have said it any better myself. Adults need not apply

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they can't do that much baby sitting. I know am HIV rep who has made boat loads of money on the stock and has barely ever gone into the field. I'm talking never, ever in the field. how is this even possible? it's like nothing I've ever heard of in this industry and usually in these cases people get fired. not this guy- he just keeps raking in cash.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does this anything to do with a man's chest? Hmmmm

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Charlie Sheen is the poster child for the need to regulate antiretrovirals. We've managed to greatly extend the lifespan of those infected with HIV, free to infect dozens or even hundreds more.
    Extending your life once HIV+ should be contingent on either monogamy (with informed consent) or celibacy. The choice to not quarantine HIV infected has given lasting legs to a disease that should have flared up and burned out decades ago.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this Anita Bryant?