Hoechst-Roussel

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Sep 20, 2004 at 9:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to Ed Woods is doing well. Any other reports on old timers? I remember the first time I met Ed. It was a training class for FTA's. He and Bill Arends ran the class along with Tom Swift. Ed and Bill were a riot. Has anybody heard anything about Tom or Rick Haymes( not sure of spelling??)? I read the info that Ron Elisha put on the thread and some of those names brought back memories. It's good to hear about folks who are good people and that they are doing well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Glad to Ed Woods is doing well. Any other reports on old timers? I remember the first time I met Ed. It was a training class for FTA's. He and Bill Arends ran the class along with Tom Swift. Ed and Bill were a riot. Has anybody heard anything about Tom or Rick Haymes( not sure of spelling??)? I read the info that Ron Elisha put on the thread and some of those names brought back memories. It's good to hear about folks who are good people and that they are doing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retire already grandpa. You sure have a lot of time on your hands when you should be working.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To "Retire already grandpa": We mock what we shall become.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats OK. At least those of us that strted with American Hoechst Corp have a pension when we do retire.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To:Thats OK. At least those of us that strted with American Hoechst Corp have a pension when we do retire.

Isn't that the truth- I know some poeple that retired at nearly the salary i am making-- Hoechst had the best contract -- and get medical when they retire- good for you.

He who laughs last laughs best

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    To:Thats OK. At least those of us that strted with American Hoechst Corp have a pension when we do retire.

Isn't that the truth- I know some poeple that retired at nearly the salary i am making-- Hoechst had the best contract -- and get medical when they retire- good for you.

He who laughs last laughs best

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you old farts ever work or just think about the past and dream about retirement? Sounds like you are already retired.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, lets take this back even farther. Kind of fun to see whatever happened to...... How about the guys from Marion Labs? I'll start. Phil Wells, Don Davidson, Marlene Hodo, Paul Borchardt, SteveTopham.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To:"Do you old farts ever work or just think about the past and dream about retirement? Sounds like you are already retired"

When you grow up you will find that you think about other things than just what you now perceive to be important. There is family- which you probable don't have yet, and friends- which you probabley can't keep. There are those that are old and wise and there are those that are young and wise-
    - my sympathys for not being either.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't go much farther back than Hoechst-Roussel. Marion came in the mid 90's. If you want to go back and I mean way back, lets talk about LLoyd Brothers, Inc. That is the company that Hoechst AG used to get a foot hold in the US. How many of the old LLoyd products can anyone think of?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the F___ cares about Marion? This is a Hoechst Roussel Chat line we knew how to sell- MMD didn't.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    To:"Do you old farts ever work or just think about the past and dream about retirement? Sounds like you are already retired"

When you grow up you will find that you think about other things than just what you now perceive to be important. There is family- which you probable don't have yet, and friends- which you probabley can't keep. There are those that are old and wise and there are those that are young and wise-
    - my sympathys for not being either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are so witty and insightful in your old age. I think the op was just commenting on the boring conversation that you are having. We have all seen dinosaurs like you in the field. You probably have a horse shoe haircut and a cheap suit as well.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My name is G and I started with Hoechst in March of 1974; I lasted until June 1, 2000. I was with H, HRPI, HMR, and then Aventis (latin for Big Mistake). We inherited Darth Vader's evil brother, Tom Kolodzinski, from MMD. Ron Elisha hopefully has beaten CA, Tim McCready is retired and living in Maryland and playing golf. Where is Mohammed Shafeek when we need him? Doug Perry is with Amgen in Calif and doing well. Paul Marinelli left in 87 and created Alliance. The Marion background DSMs are generally assholes who will burn in a lake of fire.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!! I could not agree more! Just left Sanofi-Aventis and could not be happier!! What a weight lifted off of my shoulders! I have seen so many good, no make that great reps, get screwed over by this company! All I can say is God help them!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You stupid idiots that work for Marion have no idea if you read our posts what it is like to work for a company that cared about its people and rewarded them in kind. There is no sense in trying to explain it to you for you would never understand what a regional rep of the quarter meant, what a trip to Germany meant, what it was like to be treate like a king at Senior meetings, or Golden key meetings. You old Marion nuts, only know one thing, and that is to try and screw the other person in your division by stabbing him in the back especially if he is a Hoechst person. I loved working for Hoechst, it was a honor, and something I enjoyed. The reason was simple they really cared about their people, and paid them well and it was a family, something you marion people will never understand. And you can tell by the posts that we with Hoechst still care about the people we worked with and want to stay in touch with those people, or hear about those people. Yes I am retired but not because I could not work anymore, but because I was tired of working my ass off and being treated like a UPS salesperson or a person that was looked at as someone that would bring lunch to the office. And these young women that work now and have taken over the industry, that is all they think about, and that is why, you young pups will never understand what is was to talk to a doctor in a language he understood, and respect what you had to say, without all crap you do now to get a signature for your 10+ calls a day, that you really only make 4 of in a day, but fudge the rest. So please do not put dirt on this site, for us old reps like to hear about the old guys, the guys we respected and they respected us. We were, and will always be a family. Something you young reps will never get or understand.

Ron Elisha

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I quit Eli Lilly in April, why because they are just like Marion, consevative like no other, they made Hoechst look like a drunken sailor. They think the way to a doctors heart is that one research paper that is as old as the hills. You could not do anything with a doctor except bring lunch, or have those boring dinner meetings, and of course he could not bring his wife or you bring yours. Four years of this was more then I could take, so I said FUCK you and your damn drugs were never as good as Claforan, Lasix, or Diabeta anyway. The Lilly culture was never like the Hoechst, and could never compare. Aventis, I do not even want to go there, it was like a death camp, working for Marion was like having cancer, it was only a matter of time until they got rid of you. I still have friends working for them Rosto, but he is milking them drive, Jim Porter they are trying to kill off, but we know about Jim he will show them, Earl Lawson, he still works for them, but is not happy, Windy Milk has done well by them, but she is tough, I should know I got her hired. But, the old guard, have left unless they just could not, or had sold their souls to keep their job. Like Fugua. and others. So you old Hoechst people please keep me in touch of what is going on, and thank god their is a site to check to see what has happen to the old good reps, that new what it was to sell, be respected by not only the company, but their customers as well.

Ron Elisha

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ron, Good to here your voice again. Still hitting the little white ball?? No, no one will remember the days of relationships with physicians and selling your product on a clinical/scientific basis. Nor do they remember, for the most part, the days of caring about one another and in many cases helping another "brother-sister" get better at what they did. HRPI was truly a family. The President, Director of Sales etc knew who you were personally and you were not just a number. It's these things that make me say " I am proud that I worked for Hoechst Roussell". Are you still in Ft Meyers area?? I heard Gus Arrojo is in Sarasota and has a booming practice there. He got a residency after HRPI. I also like hearing about "friends". Thats different than hearing about former employees.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes Gus is practicing in Sarasota, I have not seen him since I live in Ft Myers, and yes I am hitting the golf ball when I have time. I remember Gus telling me he would subsitute any Hoechst product he could when he had to write a script. He was still bitter about them not giving him that overseas job. I hope that is not true that Ken Dorney has MS. He is a great guy. David Rudd was staying in the woods in Alaska last time I heard.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

David Rudd from Mississippi?? What is he doing in Alaska??
    Have you heard anything about any of the old Tampa Gators, Jax Sharks and Miami Barracudas?? Stay in touch.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re:Wow, you are so witty and insightful in your old age. I think the op was just commenting on the boring conversation that you are having. We have all seen dinosaurs like you in the field. You probably have a horse shoe haircut and a cheap suit as well.

Why are you reading our boring conversation? Oh I forgot, small minds have trouble coming up with origional thoughts. Is hair and the suit you wear how you judge a person's sucess. How pitiful. Nothing like focusing on the important things.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that