Holy Smoley!!!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh well it appears the IT Christmas do was when people got it all out of their system

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF is a "Christmas do"?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well this thread has sputtered out. Are we all happy and cozy now? Complacency will kill you.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one with the wherewithal to know anything going on is left. The few IT people left are just zombies, except they eat oversized paychecks and bonuses instead of brains.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Left in 2015. Is the Smoleyhole still around? Is there any IT left in the US?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i hope this isn't from a douchebag in marketing because we know how much you get paid for sitting in Starbucks 'working' so hard - funny how you didn't want IT tracking those ipads and iphones of yours.

As someone who works with IT, they are now running on license to operate only - if you have heard Smoley in the past few months or read it on Forbes (https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterhigh/2017/01/03/astrazeneca-cio-makes-it-twice-as-good-at-half-the-cost-here-is-how/#485dfe0f7bb4) then you can see they have halved costs (but at what cost). What they do not tell you is that most of the costs left are those we cannot do anything about so there's nothing but keeping the lights on. Staff numbers have plummeted and mostly we have had to work with people in chennai instead of people sat with us now and we are seeing real challenges in operations.

We have lost a lot of good talented IT staff, but we also got rid of a lot more of the dead wood. Everything that everyone does now has to count. The next phase for Smoley will be interesting to see what he does now that he has fixed the burning platform.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you done gleefully training, and then cheering about, your replacements in India yet?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL. Classic AZ IT thinking. Give up $2 in value to save $1 in cost. Then push the real cost of doing IT back onto the customer who needs to use consulting companies to get anything done since IT has no one left to do anything. True cost to the company goes up, institutional knowledge vanishes, and by shifting costs off your book you can appear to be saving money. Age old shell game.

There's nothing to do. Once you tell your customers to go to Accenture they are never coming back. The next phase for Smoley is to announce he wants to spend more time with his family, walk off with his pile of gold, and let his successor axe the rest of the US workforce.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[QUOTE="As someone who works with IT, they are now running on license to operate only"[/QUOTE]
    They aren't even doing that. If the FDA walked in and really took a look, they would be shut down. The Quality function for IT is a joke. AZ would get what it deserves.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They aren't even doing that. If the FDA walked in and really took a look, they would be shut down. The Quality function for IT is a joke. AZ would get what it deserves.[/QUOTE]
    I dragged my meatstick across the salad bar. Enjoy.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dragged my meatstick across the salad bar. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I blew a load in the ranch dressing

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I blew a load in the ranch dressing[/QUOTE]

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I blew a load in the ranch dressing[/QUOTE]

STAY AWAY FROM THE RANCH DRESSING

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard next round of cuts coming this summer to Wilmington. Pushing to get everyone out of there to make the building sale more attractive. Hope you IT staff are ready for your regularly schedule 18 month "re-apply for the job you already have" marathon! Or as I used to call it "musical jobs". Round and round we go, pull a few chairs, see who gets shown the door.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL who remembers when AZ spent $10 million and signed a 10 year lease to turn the Bedford building down Concord Pike into its new "technology hub for contractors/shared services?" Just drove by there recently and it's a huge pile of rubble now. Another quality real estate initiative from AZ!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow you have some anger issues!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi guys, who are things with AZ IT these days? I left early 2017 and walked into a new job. There's life out there but the pay checks maybe not so fat. Is Cali Dave and his sidekick CD still around?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dragged my meatstick across the salad bar. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]
    It's clear whomever you are you have never really been part of an FDA inspection, and have NO CLUE about what they look for...obviously, you have never sat across the table from an Inspector...of any type....technically, the IT function, due to clear lack of skills, has been resolved....most ill educated self inflated technically ignorant people are gone...,,thankfully, that was the REAL MENACE,

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes