Honest question for reps

Discussion in 'Conceptus' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gents/ladies, I received a call about this gig in a major metropolitan area. The individual quoted total comp of 150-170K at plan. Can any reps share with me if these numbers sound right? I would truly appreciate any real/honest responses, as any career change is important decision for all of us. I am currently in OR sales and not making this kind of $$ yet

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way! Company had a major layoff in early January. Quotas are unattainable for 2012. Word is company is being sold. Look elsewhere. Management has run Conceptus into the hound. New CEO is a venture capitalist. Run far and fast!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great company, great people, great product

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Essure has the highest success rate on the market. Hands down, it is the best. Layoffs did happen in January, and I heard that there may be more layoffs. It is a good job if you are coming from pharmaceuticals. It would be a step up for you, but if you are with another medical device company, stay put for now. I think the reps make on average $130-$150k. It is nice that it is a simple, easy procedure to learn. One product, one specialty which is good. One of the competitors, Adiana SUCKS. But the reps are aggressive and they somehow get all the docs to use it. Just like their shitty Novasure which fails in 2 years, then pts need a hyster!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would look elsewhere if I were you. It says a lot when the board fires the CEO then hires a venture capitalist and lays off 40 people 6 weeks later. Not to mention the 10 that were fired in December! Just being honest!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Product is having more failures. Women getting pretty pissed off when they find out that it didn't work or that they need major surgery to remove. They are pretty pissed also having to pay for more procedures & surgery.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poorly run company; leadership all buddies with no checks and balances who promote and protect one another. There are some terrific people at Conceptus - reps, RBDs, home office - but it's just not a good place to work overall. No maternity leave, no raises, company cars kept until they fall apart, unattainable goals, insurance and 401k really subpar. If you are desperate for a paycheck, take job and keep looking. Morale is very low right now. Future of company is tenuous. Info about layoffs and new CEO in above posts all true.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what if the company is sold, is that a bad thing?! No one knows... Conceptus is a great company. I was in that layoff in January, got laid off and think it was the smartest thing for the business at the time. Everyone that sits and finds reasons to bitch about Conceptus doesn't understand business! If it is just for a little while experience selling a great product and learning how to create a very unique place for a product in the OB/GYN market. I loved it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Conceptus ask for your driving record for new sales reps?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's out. Contact Greg Licktard & he will see that Conceptus pays for any out of pocket expenses related to additional surgeries, failed procedures & pregs. Guess they want to keep things quiet so they maybe can sell.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the Manager for Nashville?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another round of layoffs January 2013.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

howl

how many this time?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. One was from Professional Ed. and the a VP in Sales. One Program Manager.

Bright side bonus checks to be distributed soon.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More than 4. About 8 reps, 2 Senior Mangers, and 3 other managers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope Conceptus gets their asses handed to them! If I were you all, I would look for a new job.There is a whole group of women that are standing up because of failed product with severe damage and now they have Erin Brockovich making noise about it. They have tons of underreported pregnancies and a huge lawsuit coming. check it out www.essureprocedure.net

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all you people are full of crap, reps do make a lot of fucking money and I know first hand being married to one who works at Conceptus. It is a great company and they have gone out of their way to keep employees "who produce" happy. And they do give maternity leave you fucking dumbass. The cars are not run into the ground because Enterprise Fleet Management handles the fleet and you order cars at 70k miles to get a new one. I've experienced in 18 months a new vehicle. Good life/work balance and can it be hectic of fucking course its a sales job. Stop listening to these pikers that come here because they can't sell or hit quotas. Bottom line your not aggressive, persuasive, passionate and probably dont have good time management skills which is outside sales 101. Get a fucking life.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps who produce get their territories cut until they can't make any bonus. conceptus is "happy" to replace them with someone cheaper and then cut them too. Fleet cars? You can get that in pharma. It might be good now but soon your "high producing" wife will be out too. Better get yourself a good job sir, being a contractor isn't so good anymore. You should have went to college.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Reps who produce get their territories cut until they can't make any bonus. conceptus is "happy" to replace them with someone cheaper and then cut them too. Fleet cars? You can get that in pharma. It might be good now but soon your "high producing" wife will be out too. Better get yourself a good job sir, being a contractor isn't so good anymore. You should have went to college."

Pharma blows donkey dick. If you're in devices and go back to pharma which is not a sales job then you're a loser. I work for a $15 billion dollar private company and make quadruple of what you make, and I'm not in the healthcare business. If you know how to run a business it means wake your lazy ass up early, make calls, market yourself, get face to face time, close business and get home around 7-8pm not 2pm. It's called work ethic. Read a book on Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Michael Jordan any successful person and guaranteed they worked 80+ hrs a week and never took "No" for an answer.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who starts a sentence "pharma blows donkey dick" couldn't possibly be making much beyond a minimum wage job. Your low IQ is evident and someone who works as hard as you say, wouldn't be a troll on cafepharma. Get an education and work your way up....act a little more educated and you might make a decent living...punk.