Horsham site - what's it like?

Discussion in 'Novartis Lab Personnel' started by Anonymous, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have got a reasonable way into the selection process for a job in R&D in the UK, and am torn. I do enjoy labwork, but feel it might be sensible to use this opportunity to change career completely with what has been happening in the industry as a whole these last few years. However on the face of it Novartis seems to be going to other way - taking staff on rather than laying off and closing sites.

What's it like at Horsham? Do folks feel safe at the moment, or are cuts on the way?

Any insight would be appreciated (if anyone actually reads this board of course)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't tell you what it is like in Horsham but I can tell you what it is like to have left the lab. I was great in the lab but grew tired of the lack of advancement and relatively poor pay. I went back and got an MBA and now I am doing market research. Yes it is better pay but much longer hours, not very rewarding and not nearly as much fun as the lab was -- and it is no more secure either. I am not trying to disuade you but fuly consider your options and think about what you really love to do before you make a change.