Hospital Sales Team

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Im pretty new here and was hired to sell Anti-infectives and now Im being told we have to sell an Anti-Psychotic. Are you kidding me? I had heard how bad it was to work here but i needed a job so i took it but the mgmt team is really the worst. Anyone else feeling like me?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you've been here a while it's just another bump in the road. What Region are you in? Management talent varies by region. Some good ones and some duds in every region. Overall I like the autonomy and make a base of $120k so I can manage a few bumps in the road.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey this is a "great opportunity."
    It's the "most important POA ever."
    Make sure you "dive in and close the year strong."
    And thank you "for being so professional," even though there is little professional about how they manage the hospital sales force, or the bait and switch they used on you when they hired you.

I'm sure of you ask they will tell you "we told you the truth - when we hired you the job did focus on AI." They will claim they had no idea a change was coming (were you hired before or after the announcement of the AvyCaz shortage....that's the real indicator if you were lied to or not.). And if you push back they will remind you via their actions that you are not irreplaceable...."many others" would love the opportunity you are complaining about.

Welcome to the Allergan Hospital Sales Force.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the original post. I was hired to sell anti infectives and now I'm more concerned about home study and passing tests for an anti psychotic that no one wants. UGH! My mgr says we are the elite sales team and we need to be adaptable.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa. Criminy. Here's a disease state you probably have never been trained on that you can add to your resume and depth of experience and you whine. You don't even know what the responsibility will be yet.

Knock it off. More than likely you'll have to meet with the key psych's in your accounts and when a patient passes through the pharmacy will order a bottle of 30. Done. BFD. And you'll get paid for it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a Robotic Message from the Elite Retail/Hospital DM. It's all they know...never confront them, it's the kiss of death (short circuit). This will be the worst hospital sales job you have every had. Your biggest miatake was not asking about turnover!! You have now been officially warned.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Brent(TownHall)! We didnt bid on Anti-Infectives in the International market because there is not enough product movement and you need 4000 Reps to promote in China. So, Pfizer scoops it up. I think this tells us that you are about to unload this product line if Pfizer comes a-knockin. Other than Dominica asking about International markets, there was no recognition of this product line in any of the TownHall presentations or slides. Thanks for the vote of confidence! On to Vraylar for those that were lucky to be chosen in the hospital division. Or unlucky!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kiss of death: buh bye AI!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let this hospital sales division burn, keep the top 50%, let go of the dinosaurs and dead weight. Get rid of half the product managers, they are so bloated in marketing. I had 9 product managers/marketers at my POA sitting in the back and there were only 10 reps in total! Haha, great ratio.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have only been working here 6 months and this place is not run very well at all. My mgr complains about his boss on our field rides and says he's just happy to have a paycheck but beyond that he is miserable. I am one of the lucky ones to sell our new best in class anti psychotic and am not excited about it. No one uses them anymore. I don't get it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hospital sales has the worst turnover. I need to start looking. Where is everybody going? Sorry to sound like a putz, but I am so overwhelmed with my family that it's hard for me to even get a sense of worthwhile companies. I would imagine any biotech company would be great, but would appreciate serious replies. Amgen? Biogen?
    Relypsa? Thank you.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Knock it off. More than likely you'll have to meet with the key psych's in your accounts and when a patient passes through the pharmacy will order a bottle of 30. Done. BFD. And you'll get paid for it.[/QUOTE]"
    This person is NOT on the hospital team and has NO IDEA of the hospital buying process!!! "Passes thru pharmacy" go away a$$whole

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mine your contacts in the hospital and on Linkeden. set up job alerts for your skills. Genentech is a top tier company but you will need documented PClub and internal contacts to get in. Keep your eyes focused in new drugs coming down the pike (Cempra) the jobs are there, you just have to put in the effort and network in this market. Best of Luck!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The main problem is April Amory. She has no clue whatsoever on how to run a real hospital sales team. I came over here from Pfizer and when i met April and she told me she had never sold Teflaro, Avy, or Dalvance I was completely shocked. How is this possible and is she responsible for us selling the new Anti Psychotic? I am so unhappy working here.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen, and it only goes downhill from there (flunky RDs, etc.) I am sorry to tell you it will only get worse as they ramp up to sell the AI franchise. Hope you left Pfizer on good terms.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When do you think they will sell us off? Two years?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Much sooner, January 2017 I speculate deal will close

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gilead. Infectious Disease contacts will help.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you. So kind of you to answer so respectfully. Best of luck to you as well.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've seen you make this comment before on another thread about the supposed sale of the AI franchise by Jan 2017. I would love for this to happen, but can I ask what are you basing this on?