How can a company screw up the launch of a drug like Entresto?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This drug should of been a billion dollar drug after a year or 2. Now, many years post-launch, barely hitting goals. Great drug. Terrible company! Only Novartis could screw up such a great drug.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We hire poor sales people- good reps tend to always get it done. And we've hired poor management in this division. In Typical Novartis fashion we screw everything up!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management is terrible ... managing like it is the year 2000, metrics, pushing speaker programs, unreal expectations . They don’t think things through they just react ... they don’t listen to what could work because representatives don’t know what they are talking about and complain and make excuses (which don’t get me wrong some really suck) but the general perception is we all do.

Arrogance and greed take over ... focused on “culture” and not seeing the problem with culture is lack of trust. Trust of management, numbers, people ... it’s all a cluster and why Entresto isn’t doing better. Again behind the 8 ball in acknowledging SGLT 2 IS a competitor until there is so much buzz most novartis reps have no idea about diabetes and the CV risks much less why but hey lets cram a crap ton of information into a 2 day meeting . Oh don’t forget there are problems with syllabus ... training appears then disappears ... let’s contract with managed care a year after launch ... seems like a great idea ... let change the rules mid game ... awesome ... let’s role out a new BV tool that now doesn’t work ... all lumped together ... that’s how Novartis messed it up and continues to do so.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Year if the field ! Further my distrust in numbers ... problem with IC2 payouts ... adjustments were made ... nice kept secret except to those that were effected ...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let us guess... you are one of the "Good Reps".. ... Another one who has a higher opinion than reality...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true. You nailed it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smell the coffee, Alisha left, all the key intelligent marketing people left, Joe J left, and the study we have for this pos product is a sad fudged joke. Not in the least, we have some really lazy incompetent CV1, CV2 reps.

The question is no longer how we botched we let's botch another useless med and kill more people like we did with Tekturna!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait a minute!!! Just last year everyone was proclaiming that this drug is the best thing since sliced bread. Sales were "Alleged" strong and growing what happen to this "scam" of a drug?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boy, I say Boy, you need coached.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A recent post on CP and one of the best I've seen in awhile:

Just sent out my resignation letter tonight.

Young people, do yourself a favor and just leave this industry, and all medical sales behind. Companies today don't have integrity. The insurance companies, not the doctors, control the game. So, find something you love to do, and don't tell me it is sales. Sales is just not cutting it anymore. The disrespect I have observed over the years has been bad, but the last 5 years have just been off the charts bad. Get back your heart and and step into a better life by not focusing so much on making money, but rather finding employment with positive people that care. Getting these annual assessment and field ride evaluations that do nothing but make you a slave are not good for your mental health. Best to all, and I will see you in these offices some day, in my shorts and golf shirt, wishing that you find something that is more respectful and honest to do with your life. I missed the boat and didn't find out until later in life how much of a lie this corporate sales stuff really was. For that, I am a bit ashamed, but I have recovered from that guilt, because I didn't know better. Those that read this and understand it will thank me. The rest of you have much more introspection to do.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a great truth. What a great advice.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm thisclosetoretiring after 30+ years as a Pharma rep. My adult child is thinking about working in the industry because he sees my work life balance (the BEST FEATURE of PHARMA) and wants "that benefit". Let's face it, this is WHY many of us hold on to these positions (besides the fact we painted ourselves into a corner)...but I digress. OP bingo on the last 5 years spiraling out of control. The last two years have been spinning uber fast with decay (I'm talking access). Our company isn't stupid; they know this. The wheel needs to be reinvented. Sales is one of the oldest professions of man kind and it's not going away, just the method of the dance is changing. Right now the $$$$ are in computer software sales..

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I retired after a long career in pharma, sales then marketing. It is not a path I would recommend to anyone, in fact my kids (6) are all in different paths. Yes,the money was good but in the last years I worked our reputation as a provider of any value to the customer was ruined. Just too many reps with no focus and no firm understanding of disease state management. I shudder when I see the sycophants walking around the offices carrying their i-pads and their painted on smiles. I do not miss it one minute