How do handle a PIP

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Feb 4, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Honestly, and I’m not even trying to be cute...but if you’re female and don’t have a mega mega boob job, maybe you need to reconsider and get one. If you already have one, then you need to find a semi- professional way to show cleavage. Mix a little bit of class with trash. I mean that in a good way.
    If you’re a male, I’m not quite sure what to tell you other than to lie and claim that you were a college athlete and really play that up.
    It all sounds extremely shallow, but it is what it is.
    Although if their mind is made, then all you can do is take a leave to look for a job or make them regret it by doing what I’ve stated above.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha ha ha - has it come to this??!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former DM here:

1. Do exactly and document what the PIP is asking. In most cases DM's just want improvement. Believe it or not people do come off PIP's.

2. If they really want to get rid of you they will. You might actually be a bad fit and management is right.

3. Stay in constant communication - weekly - with DM on efforts. This can smooth things over.

4. A lawyer could help but most likely they will offer a few more weeks or months of pay as a compromise to make it go away. Most lawyers wont take the case to go all out odds are bad.

Good luck!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbvie ho mo MOLE janitor, nice try !

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Number two is only half true. It could mean that you’re a bad fit, but that’s like maybe 20% of the usual situation. Most of the time it’s based on very shallow reasoning… to say the least.
    If you’re being dead honest though, many people put on PIP are not a good friend with the manager or the manager has an issue with them in the district more than them not being a fit in that district.
    I’ve watched people being PiP’edthrough the years and I only know of one actual case where someone came off the PIP and that was just to give a good rep a scare.
    The PIP process is mostly a death sentence and I think reps that have been around for a while would totally agree with that.
    Number three is some sound advice, however I think you need to be careful if you annoy your manager or the manager really does want to see you succeed, this can make it worse if you increase contact with your district manager because whatever they don’t like about you...they’re going to be confronted with more often and you need be careful with that because I’ve seen that really cause more harm than good at times.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably your best option. Will keep you from being stressed out over an unachievable PIP that's leading to termination. Take time off, find another job, and move on. Don't give them what they want. Take back control.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty solid. Sounds like the PIP may have been the marching orders from above when the manager got the job. If you want to keep the job, give it a run and try to follow the PIP. Hiring new reps sucks, I would much prefer to have someone in the position, as long as there wasn't a big issue. That being said, if you have had solid performance and it doesn't match the PIP, then there may be a perception vs. reality problem on one side. Then it is best to clear the air with new manager.
    If you feel you are "done" , you can either go the lawyer route(as long as you have good grounds, or start looking.) Keep in mind they have access to your email,... anything on your computer. Your phone records from company phone.(text and all). There is also the expense report issue. Generally they can find a reason to fire you, if they want to dig in a bit. My guess is that your email has already been reviewed.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trudat2

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They can also completely make up shit and if you have evidence or documentation to prove otherwise, unless you’re a double minority or a protected class that’s taken seriously, you’re in a bad position. You will be able to confirm this with an attorney and that attorney will try to coax you into filing a reverse discrimination case which has no a damn thing to do with what’s really going on,

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The same theme remains true, if they want you gone,they will get you. Unless it’s blatant, 9/10 people get fired for something insignificant, or combination of same.
    I said it earlier and I’ll say it again, take the 90 days, look for another job, and be thankful you’re getting the hell out of this shitshow.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happens when your medical leave is over? What do you do when you come back?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Family Medical Leave Act provides for 90 days with physician supervision. When you return the company picks up where they left off but will probably be ready to can you because you evaded them. They have to be careful that it doesn't look retaliatory so they'll start documenting anything you do wrong, (perceived), or just make it up. The point is you want to have another job by then so when you come off medical leave you can tell them to take a hike - you've accepted another position. Good luck.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell, no. Double-dip until your very last day.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They're hiring at Walmart where I work. Fill out application online bro.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry but usually the rep sucks. Managers have no motivation to lie and put themselves on the line with documentation etc. This is not a fun process and legal is all over it. They just want the best team they can have to win - remember its a sales job!
    Most reps on PIP cant handle and acknowledge their shortcomings so it's the managers fault.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I must admit though, the managers are incompetent imbeciles. They PIP as a means of intimidation.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some truth to this but I've also seen managers who are willing to lie just to get rid of someone who threatens their ego or who has dirt on them. Remember the trend we alway see....HR wants to believe the manager. If you really do suck admit it and either clean up your act or leave, (probably best at this point). If not, take the medical leave and find another job. Either way your life at the company is over and learn from the actions that led to PIP. Maybe your fault, maybe a psycho manager.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the furthest thing from a sales job anymore. It's a joke, no access, managed care, at best it's a high paying customer service job where the reps only job is to deliver information, stock samples and keep rapport building for when a drug is finally covered. As far as putting together the best team...What is this the NBA a HS football team? The job is easy, it's the DM/RM that has complicated a job a 18 year old HS student could do. PIP are nothing more than an RM/DM flexing their ego's and legal should be all over it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would anyone complain about having a high-paying customer service job? Get a hobby if you need more fulfillment. Geez, I'd take that job in a heartbeat!