How do handle a PIP

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Feb 4, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree w/ you except the DM/RM have turned this into some complicated unachievable job.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve seen reps that came from an award one year and the next year they’re pipped still having decent numbers. From what I’ve seen, legal and upper management will keep anyone around that the manager recommends. It’s that simple. I don’t think a DM is really having to put themselves on the line unless they’re dealing with a protected class. It’s very easy for a manager to eliminate anyone that he chooses and it’s usually personal. I saw a rep get pipped that had just won an award and the worst rep in the district had been on bottom of the region (in a high potential territory) for three and a half years. If numbers determine what type of sales rep you are, why was this chick not fired? I have no idea, but I’ll tell you one thing for sure, she was loaded.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely! DMs can make or break excellent/terrible reps and the RDs too often just go along for the ride. A very dysfunctional system when 1 person can ruin someone else's career. People are getting fed up and lawyers are becoming more savvy about this issue. Checks and balances need to be established or lawsuits will prevail. Think the millennials will stand for this type of treatment?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly, it's always personal and childish from the DM/RM position. I've seen 10 year Reps be put on PIPs for all kinds of various reason but none of them substantiated except for it being a personal vendetta from the DM/RM.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reps are weak and blame managers.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a dumb ass. Reps are set up for failure at the moment they step into the field. Sanofi company is not respected by the medical community, the drugs are dogs or me too’s, marketing is an abysmal failure... I could go on and on.
    If the reps are failures, why did the dumb managers (dm’s) hire a failured team? Doesn’t that make them a failure too? This place is the laughing stock of the industry. Absolutely the bottom of the barrel.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree Managers need to pip and eliminate the weak reps here.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the smart ass who claimed reps are weak. Do you care to explain what you see above? Bet you can’t.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the Pfizer thread - not Sanofi.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just answered your own question; she was loaded and most likely connected to someone who is impressed by that.
    This job is not sales in the traditional sense, so they have to use politics as the deciding factor.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see no argument with this statement, BUT, it's not done as it should be. Politics, personal issues, who knows who, etc. decides who stays and who goes. It's total bullshit, but that's the way it is.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some reps are weak in areas that you dont see but a manager does

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely, numbers are of little value. Putting on a tasty show is the game and only a manager can see this.
    Like naïveté children, reps must be lead and instructed. Some of you 50+ year olds think you don’t need it, but you need to be grateful that we are here to continue your development. Pipping is a difficult talent to acquire that very few of us may bestow. One day, after we’ve pipped you out, you’ll thank us.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OUCH...embarrassing hubris.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm talking embarrassing suckiness. We all have people in our Districts who need to go.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And that goes for managers, too.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny post. Do you do comedy on the side??

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why yes I do. When I'm not Big Pippin' here at Pfizer, I offer my talents in order to serve the local community doing stand up. I was born to OWN the room everywhere I go. I make sure to remind everyone because people are so forgetful sometimes. I'm very kind, so I ALWAYS let them know.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop being so modest. You're embarrassing yourself!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! Yes it is a sales job - just not for YOU Mr./Mrs DM. Most DM’s took the first chance they could get to leave sales where they have to deal with customers. Take a read of this list and you may find out what your sales reps REALLY think of you:
    https://meaning2work.wordpress.com/2018/05/14/fifteen-thoughts-top-performing-sales-people-have-but-may-never-share-with-their-managers/