How Do You Think PDI Novartis contract negotiations are going?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, Merck just displaced thousands of reps. It has happened before so not surprised.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What negotiations?

This contract is toast come April or early May.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, PCP reps that are carrying januvia and making 150k with pensions. They still need reps, cheapest way to do that is a contract.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

poster 22 how are you so sure this contract is over no negotiations. Even.
    I’ve never been on a contract before so what signs should I see. Is 2 to 3 years the amount of time reps are on a contract?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been on many contracts and you can just tell when it is going to end. Have you looked at the number/quality of your call list?

The writing is on the wall.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sorry but I don’t understand why a pharma company would waste 4 months of potential selling opportunities if they knew they would be canceling a contract with us.
    Giving us a crappy list of targets doesn’t make sense for ROI.
    But then again most things that are done by pharma don’t make sense lol.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% agree. I have been here long enough to see the signs.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With the no see and low quality list after 4 months upper Mgmt can pull up metrics and claim that contract reps not seeing nor sell enough....

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are on a contract and all contracts end. Some have been three years, some have been two. I've been continuously working on contracts since 2004. I will be ready to move on when this ends and hopefully PDI / Publicis will have a new contract to move into. We had a month off between AZ and Novartis which was wonderful. You have three months to sign up for Cobra coverage after you are laid off. I have always done everything medical before the end of my contracts and have never had to sign up for Cobra because I've started on a new contract. Health benefits are seamless if you are reassigned. Company insurance needs to cover you without the three month wait period (ACA rule). I now have a Health Savings Account, so money I've contributed tax free and not used will go with me and can be used as needed for medical expenses. There are penalties Novartis will need to pay PDI if they end the contract early, so I think they will probably end in May or June or they will extend us for another year.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You cannot use HSA after contract ends, it must be used prior. It will not roll over.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ABLs are talking about future meetings dates in 2018. Does that mean the contract is extended?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like most pharmas everything continues until an announcement .
    Rumor I heard is that they may keep a smaller PDI force and let go of some in high no see areas. Anyone else hear anything?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just heard that the contract may end or may be extended.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well that certainly clears it up

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

last year when the contract was renewed, they waited until May 1st to announce it. If they end the contract , NVS will
    Lose half their sales force and the majority of the NVS CV2s feel like they are too good to call on PCP. Let’s see how that works out for NVS.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no business in PCP. Once we are gone, they will keep focusing on cards as that is where the business is. There is zero sales in PCPS and will never change.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any other examples of future of this contract?
    I thought it might be Friday but now thinking it may be early April as Novartis would have to restructure Cardio sales force due to quantity of PDI leaving.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not Friday, where are you getting this from? They are not ending it early, they’re too cheap to pay pdi the fine they would incur by doing this. It’s either not renewed or pared down after July.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Contract has been extended another year, looks like we’re all SOL