How does Burkhart compare to other big distributors?

Discussion in 'Burkhart Dental Supply' started by anonymous, Aug 8, 2019 at 1:32 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct - not just the Benco reps. I was newer a rep from another non competitor dental company, was having success in my territory and I was part of the reduction. The severance they offered was tiny. I think Burkhart is hurting financially.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sorry to hear that, Burkhart used to be an amazing company and I would never have thought this day would come where they would lay off any of their workforce. Hang in there, hope you can find something good quickly.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The wreckage continues.....high performers leaving or looking to leave everywhere.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should we be scared to loose our jobs?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Benco laid off 90% of their people on Friday so yeah I’d be worried. It’s coming our way too

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The volume of incorrect information and warped opinions on this message thread is unbelievable!
    Yes, Burkhart let a few reps go a few months ago, all were non-performers not making commission but living off draw or starting salary and going nowhere.
    Yes, Burkhart is a smaller company than Schein, Patterson, and Benco and our technology is slightly limited BUT only in that we don't sell Sirona Imaging and CAD/CAM or Solea.
    Is it all perfect, no. No other company is either. I've been at Burkhart a long time, and have turned down very lucrative offers from both Schein and Patterson because they cant support my clients in the area I work and live.
    SSG is not lies and smoke/mirrors, unless the rep and their manager are the ones lying. That make it a personal issue, not a Burkhart issue.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few reps!? A few isn't 30-40 reps. 7-8 reps might be a few. In reality they couldn't afford to pay the new reps while they ramp up. They let go of a lot of good reps. Reps that were new and making progress. Basically any new position that was created got the axe. It's a poorly ran company that makes poor decisions. And yes the SSG is BS. Any rep from any company can replicate this.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No IT, no practice management, no solutions, no DSO capabilities, worst website, etc. A good culture anchored to the past with no vision for the future.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still better than the circus they call Benco.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s the truth not sure they’ll survive this but we will

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yay! We are not as bad as them. Every project to modernize the company, our resources, tools, etc is now delayed for at least 2+ years. We’ll win by keeping our head in the sand.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF. Are we all losing our jobs?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are the rest of you reps doing? Not going to lie I am starting to freak out. It sounds like Patterson will do something big in May just like Benco. How could be NOT?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All furlough? Nobody fired yet, right? Hope this virus is over soon.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are all doomed

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just heard Benco reps are going back. Anyone else here that?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PNW along with most everywhere else that's opening back up. Not all reps but selected reps and only part time. Regardless they're a s**tshow, does it matter?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Back in SoCal and Northern California too. Which is weird because CA hasn’t even opened back up yet