How great it feels to be demoted to primary care

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by anonymous, May 17, 2019 at 12:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does it make sense that I was with Shire for 12 years and now I’m a primary care rep. What a joke / what a demotion / I have another year before another lay-off. I would of gotten 48 weeks if I were lucky enough to of gotten laid off.. if I get laid off in another year with shitty takeda I will only get 26 weeks. Now we know that they didn’t keep the best, they kept the highest tenured to pay less in another year. This company sucks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LEAVE! No one is making you stay! I’m so over everyone complaining yet sticking around. Get out and find something better for yourself.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea, you should *of* been cut. They definitely made a mistake with keeping you.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Complains about a $100k+/year cake job.

Doesn’t know the proper use between ‘of’ and ‘have’.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But you knew this was going to happen; this was a strategic business move that actually makes sense. In our area only 2 Shire reps were let go vs 55+ Takeda. Go look for your "well deserved" specialty job NOW :)

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wait!?!, Shire had specialty reps? I thought they were Special Ed reps!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too funny!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too funny!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it’s funny that you and I both know, simply because I came from Shire, that I make $20k more than you a year. Sure, it will be short lived. But just know, as i spend the next 16 months looking for a job and mailing it in, I make $20k more than you. And you are actually jumping through the hoops this shit company has laid out.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe true.....but you’re a douche, so it all evens out

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey dude just wait until you get demoted to unemployed. That primary care job will be looking pretty good. Get over yourself.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit. I’ve interviewed plenty of Shire reps in GI over the years. You aren’t making what you claim. Plenty of Takeda people on my team make more than so called “specialty” reps from other companies including Shire.

Nice try though.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Advice to Attitude Loser: There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. If y'all don't like Takeda than leave now!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this attitude is why so many people have a negative view of Pharma reps. There’s so much entitlement in this it’s hilariously sad. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people who would LOVE to have a six figure job that’s cake and comes with a company car. Yet you’re here to complain because now you have to call on primary care! Oh the shame! I should have been laid off and gotten me 48 weeks! Cry me a river and ask all those who lost their jobs if they’d trade places with you. A bunch of them would. Appreciate all that you have. And leave if it’s so demoralizing and you think you’re so valuable and unique.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The OP is so out of touch with reality. Specialty or not...Reps haven't been highly influential in so long that what we make is absurd for what we actually do. Dont get me wrong, its stressful and not much fun anymore due to access and unrealistic bosses etc...but its still a cakewalk compared to most true sales jobs or jobs in general that pay far less. Wake up people. The end is nearer than you think for this racket and nobody out in the real world will be impressed w our years of pharma sales. trust me...I unfortunately am experiencing that right
    now.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I make 140k base

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Advice for Shire now primary care reps: After reading digital minimalism I eliminated all social media from my life. Are you allowing the multiple distractions to constantly take away your power to do your own deep work? It doesn't happen all at once. Little by little, it digs into your productivity.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh. You’re the one.

Fact is I’ve interviewed plenty of Shire reps over the years. Sure many make six figure salaries. Many Takeda, in fact the majority of my team are over $100K base. But very very few crack $120 base unless you move into rare disease or biologics.

We all get paid well to do our jobs. If you don’t like Takeda then leave.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no you don’t

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is pretty average for rare disease/biologics.