How is Diabetes Care doing?

Discussion in 'Roche' started by anonymous, Nov 17, 2015 at 3:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Entire Inside Sales Department (Diabetes Care-HCP&Pharmacy) let go yesterday afternoon.

It's approximately 18 additional employees and all were contractors so this department is now defunct.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is the best BM can do or choose I suppose I am glad I was among the 160 that were FIRED during a 3 minute conference call lead by the infamous JG (he even has his own thread on CP)! I have worked for Roche Diabetes for just over a year, but I can say the staff left are a bunch of idiots!!!!!!! My severance is okay but I still have to find a new job as a result of many decisions made by the idiots listed above.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MORON!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another Schwann Severance Package!

[​IMG]

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would a 4 minute call have made you feel better? Some of us have been here for several years. You were not here for the poor decisions of GV after ACA. These issues started well before JG and others. We were too slow to adapt. Anyone with brains saw this coming long ago.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone knows the true reason DC failed is that the staff fell short in their primary role---
    educating the customer of the enormous value of the Accu-Chek test strips.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if you saw this coming for several years and did not take action for yourself or the company like JG? ... Does that make you the #1 idiot in the village?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your opinion - opps, - excuse is duly noted Jay.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No future for RDC - opportunities where missed and ignored years ago. Now they aim is to think very, very, very big - and build up a digitial eco system in Barcelona.
    A business unit which already failed against competitors in the sole BGM market now wants to compete against google & Apple.
    The question is, if they are fast enough to come up with products the market needs. If you look at the corresponding job postings for Barcelona and got a clue of company organisation, you will notice, that this is a dead born horse.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoff over forty people in Indy and create forty jobs in Barcelona & send LH from in Indy to run it. Somehow the local press didn't get a press release about that.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is not correct. LH is the country manager. The new business models is under another group located on the roche site there. Also the changes we're in the press.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was in the European press, but the not the Indianapolis press. Did not know LH speaks Spanish, not that language--- or ability--- were ever a prerequisites for advancement at Roche.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Roche having a problem with its STP product or have they chosen to discontinue it? I was shocked when my clinician told me she had to use something different after many years! Is there an actual plan or is Roche just abandoning the lancet market?! Thank you!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It appears RDC is abandoning the diabetes market entirely - not just lancets. Led into the sewer by J Graves, et. al.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But this was a pure cash cow for them buying from HTL Strefa and reselling at a huge markup without any compliance, testing, value add of any kind. There must be a better reason, as in they changed suppliers and something went wrong. That is my guess.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What information are you referencing? I work in DC and we are not discontinuing our lancet line nor are we closing the doors or selling the division.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if I may ask why the stoppage of STP supply to hospitals? Leaves us in a bad spot!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few years ago, the price for RDC was estimated at 5 billion. Now it is down to 3 billion. The technology gap for RDC is estimated roughly 17 years. The circumstances in the market are harsh. Payers are not willing to pay high prices for old technologies if they can have FGM (like from Abbott) with better healthcare outcome. So even the 3 billion for RDC are not realistic anymore reflecting that pumps are nor sold in the US anymore. Those who are still on board of RDC are only listening to the violins of a sinking ship.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The division is not being sold because nobody wants to pay the price Roche demands. RDC could be happy about a buyer - but there is none. So: total crash as the only resolution.