How is the new Chief Executive moron doin'?

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stealing, and destroying Quest?
    Where is the board? Can/Fire/Terminate him and his buddies soon before there is nothing left....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The board approved the most recent IT outsource/layoff contract.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think of how long it took board to act on Surya.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The more appropriate quotes for the moron are from the following great thinkers:

"Stupid is as stupid does."
    -Forrest Gump

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of- he always declares that it is his duty."
    -George Bernard Shaw

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
    -Martin Luther King- Jr.

Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing- it is always from the noblest motives."
    -Oscar Wilde

"Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing- it is always from the noblest motives."
    -Oscar Wilde

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Anonymous

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of- he always declares that it is his duty."
    -George Bernard Shaw

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THe new chief executive moron is not "new" anymore.
    How much more time does he need? Still blaming it on Bush?
    He should be gone soon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The V.P. in NY/NJ G.M ought to be running the show. He's the only one that tells it like it is and more importantly, knows how to get things done. And his people believe in him also.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you smoking? This guy is a poor leader and has ZERO following.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are a snowball headed for hell I am leaving after 25 years sold my stock while it was worth 68$ a share its a sad shame this company has little chance of coming back I have no idea why the board is still allowing these arrogant idiots to continue, all I can surmise is that they are so removed from the battle ground they wont realize they have lost the war until they see a foreign flag flying.

9. Anymouse

Anymouse Guest

Agreed. However still wondering when was the DGX stock ever selling at $68 per share?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way back in Feb

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feb this year? Did you mean $58 perhaps? I just don't see where DGX hit $68.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$58 and change is the most this will see-its all downhill from here-Even CD (the SVP)cashed out millions at this price last week.
    Anyone holding this stock is a fool-and there are a lot of fools that end up buying the brooklyn bridge too. And will drink the Koolaid the moron is serving.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like someone else mentioned - the Fall Sales Summit announcement is pretty interesting.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really millions in this case although still more than I will ever see. She exercised 33,000 options available. So she bought at $40.43 and immediately sold at $59.58. This gave her a profit of $19.15 per share for a total gain of $631,950. (Unless I misunderstand.) These are public records as an insider transaction on a publicly traded company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yup-you're right. Also, another 15% capital gains tax brings it down to about 540,000, which is probably peanuts for her.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is she still around? Never knew what value she had other than saying Yes Surya.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But-Does the moron deserve 13 million for 7 months? THat is the big question.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not positive, but I think when an option is exercised and sold all as the same transaction that capital gain is not involved. She paid $40.43 for a stock which at that time was actual worth $59.58. So I believe this is treated as regular income for tax purposes, ie the difference between $59.58 and $40.43 or the $19.15 for each of the 33,000 shares. The top marginal tax bracket for 2013 is 39.6% (for taxable income over $400k) so if her regular income pushed her up to here then this transaction would all be taxes at the 39.6% rate? Last year she made $725k in cash plus additional $2M in stocks and options (again - public information) so unless she has a kickin tax lawyer then she is probably in the top tax bracket.

If she exercised the options but did not sell and actually held the stock until it hit say $70 then she would pay capital gains tax on the difference between the price on the day she exercised the option ($59.58) and the price when she sold it ($70). This would be in addition to the taxes as mentioned above. Given that she is not an idiot (although I am sure this could be a point of contention) she figured better to sell now while the getting is good and did not bother to hold the stock for longer. Thereby passing up her chance for a capital tax gain (or loss - lol).

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Technically he was here for 8 months. And his bonus for the year was guaranteed regardless of performance.

Sort of seems like if a US President were to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize after being in office for only 12 days.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So when does the moron get fired?
    When the stock hits $50?, or $40?, or $30?

If it hits $40, I can guarantee y'all that he'll be gone. He'd have wiped out $3 Billion in market cap. Of course, not before he gets his tens of millions...
    I think he may be gone below $50, if the board has any sense. By that time only about $1.6 Billion in market cap is lost.