How long did it take you to see the foolishness of pharmaceutical sales?

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2014 at 7:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales is really a lonely existence.
    Teaching is what I am doing now. Less drama. A bit less pay, but more benefits and a great pension.

My advice to you is to find a smaller company with no computer system. These jobs are out there!

Good luck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are happy selling cars, good for you. The income statistics are not good. Clearly, pharma jobs are hard to get, but the pay is great for those of us that are in it. Your negative comments just reflect your jealousy and you need to find a way of dealing with it as nothing you say has anything to do with reality.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jealous?
    Have fun on your next field ride and annual evaluation!

I was in the game for a long time...and finally realized how pathetic it all was.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would anyone be jealous of a car salesman. They ate bottom of the barrel and made fun of all the time. Why do you think there are constant job openings in that area. Those that are successful would never take a job like that. On the other hand, we have people like you that got tossed and then, can't let go. They wish they could come back, yet when rejected again, they lash out like you do.

I just left you a nice message on the other thread. I hope you have a chance to read it as you will note thatbI wish good things for you. Namely, that you are able to get the mental assistance that will help you turn things around.

Good luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you do a through analysis, car sales is superior.
    But, you are a pharma. rep...you can analyze shit, meat.

Good cars sales reps easily make over 100k.

Also, those that start at 18 and work, will have more money than a pharma. rep when you look at the cost of college...which is a terrible product (college education is just a product..you don't learn anything).

Finally, there is more flexibility in car sales. You can take weeks and months off, at you convenience.

One last thing, in car sales, if you are really ambitious, you can make 1 million plus starting your own dealership...
    in pharma., you have to be a total kiss ass to get promoted and make any serious money.

Think about it!

Fool!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only the top few percent in car sales make what an average rep makes. You can look up the income ranges online. As for starting your own dealership, it is rare for a sales person to do that as it takes millions in capital. Whereas, many people in pharma have started their own companies and there is plenty of private equity financing available.

You can keep your low level car sales job. We are fine staying in pharma and enjoying a much more lucrative career.