How long does it take SB to hire a black VP?

Discussion in 'Gilead Sciences' started by anonymous, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:57 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How long does it take SB to hire a black guy?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who cares, Asian women is where the HR play is moving forward. Double check and they don't spend their careers complaining.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

spot fucking on

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess Black folks should just continue to be happy with being underestimated, marginalized and undervalued, huh?!?!?! At least in your world? SMDH!!! You’ve clearly learned NOTHING with all of the social unrest and protests the past couple of months you privileged bastard. Must be nice to be born on third base and think you’ve hit a triple. #BLM

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here’s a thought: How about hiring the most qualified person/ best fit regardless of their skin color. Racist fucks...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What up? I’m in that running for a Vice Presidential spot - I deserve dat bitch cause you privileged and I ain’t!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To our Black colleagues, I welcome and support you at Gilead. The truth is when I think of Rep A, I think of Rep A, not “the black Rep A.” I already consider you equal to myself and our peers. I’m sad to hear you’ve been discriminated against and it needs to change. However I also don’t think it’s right to hire someone because of the color of their skin. People should be hired based on their qualifications. Bravo to the colleague who suggested blinding names on resumes. That’s a start. On the National call that one RD Ashley sounded off on white people. What are the odds you think she ever hires a qualified white person? I’m sorry for the hurt that’s been caused by the ignorant but unity has to come from all angles. Shame on anyone not making an effort to unite with our peers.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If our ultimate goal is a post-racial (I don't like the term colorblind) environment, then to get to that point we must make race an insignificant detail like eye color, or hair color. We are not going to get there by focusing even more on race.

Perhaps you're familiar with the recent campaign to end the blind auditions policy for the New York Philharmonic? Even though the blind auditions were successful in raising the numbers of women from about 6% in the 1970's to a representative 50%, there has not been a commensurate increase in Hispanic and Black representation.

So now the left has come full circle (sort of like a horseshoe, huh) and are arguing AGAINST a practice which ostensibly eliminates gender/racial bias and stereotypes from the selection process. The result would be to make selections BASED on race. This is not progress, it would be a regression.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should read Inne's Twitter, Insta and Snap - full of hatred, bigotry and vile. If any white person had that record they would be canceled.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hall of Famer Joe Madison “The Black Eagle” has the best radio show in America...”undervalue, underestimate, and marginalize”. Talking is nice and all but like he says “What are you gonna do about it”!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could care less about the criminals rioting. It hasn’t impacted my family, community, or city. Spoiled babies been given everything and still unhappy. Ship them off to almost any other country and see how long they last. We should only hire the most qualified, period.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s exactly the point to the protests across America! You and much of White America could “care less” about Black suffrage in America in which white people have played prominent and starring roles. It’s called DENIAL! Please explain what exactly has been “given?” I agree we should hire the most qualified but all too often the usually white hiring manager/exec hires only white people because that is who they overwhelmingly are most comfortable based on race. That’s a problem but unfortunately you could “care less” because it’s not your community and you’ve gotten your slice of the “American Dream” whether earned or unearned. It’s best known or often referred to as PRIVILEGE!!!!!

White people have NEVER experienced systemic injustice. Not to say white people don’t have individual challenges but they have NEVER been systematically disadvantaged which is a fact. Black people want the world to recognize our suffering as Black Americans. We don’t want nor seek your pity! Hence the slogan “Black Lives Matter!”

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very notable that you whiners keep ignoring post #9.

Until we stop using race in decisions, it will remain prominent.

Why won't you address Innes?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It amazes me how people like you only choose to see the world through your own lenses. Hiring and promotion opportunities are based on comfort and not qualifications. You need to understand that! It is ironic that in 2020 there are only four Black Fortune 500 CEOs (that’s less than 1%). Furthermore, since 1955 (65 years) there have been a total of 15 Black Fortune 500 CEOs. Fifteen! You think those decisions weren’t based on race? Let those putrid numbers marinate with you then maybe you’ll start to understand why all the protest. Then again maybe you won’t simply because you refuse to understand. Btw, what did Innes state that wasn’t truth?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“White people of gilead, you each need to ask yourselves what have YOU done to contribute to white supremacy? You all are privileged !!! You make your income off of black people ! Black people are the main demographic of our customers !! And to my Black colleagues, it’s not on us to fix it. It’s on them ! We need to hire more BLACK people at gilead ! “

I’m sure White folks were real eager to bring up race with their Black colleagues after that speech. Talk about polarizing !!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I speak for a huge majority in saying we don’t care!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We know. And you’ll be made to feel uncomfortable until real change happens. Get used to it buddy.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uncomfortable? I’m cruising around in my boat trying to decide which wave runner I should take out.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You all have way too much time on your hands. Remember the good ole days when when all people commented on was bad company cars.