How many people let go 2Day?????

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your making 3 times as much, wouldn't you want your "friends" to apply at your new company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure they do want their friends to apply, but there also needs to be available positions. That was a stupid comment!

I made the mistake of leaving a job to go to MDL because I thought it was a better opportunity. I was sadly mistaken and regret the decision every day. I wish I would have read this board before making the career change. Just about everything I have read is accurate. This, by far, is the most amateur company when it comes to the way they run their sales division. I have personally heard managers talk smack and making fun of other employees and even managers. Very unprofessional!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you above poster, the prior post was a stupid comment and I am sorry that you made the same unfortunate job decision as many other people have. Just because I landed a new position does not mean they are hiring reps in every territory across the country like MDL is - some companies actually strive to minimize turnover as much as possible as they realize it is beneficial to train and PAY their employees in turn yielding higher sales and avoiding starting from square one every 6-12 months with new reps.

I will roughly triple my pay when you consider base salary approximately double of MDL, a real commission plan that will actually pay out, and a legitimate health insurance plan that costs less than $1000 a month with a family. Not to mention not worrying about every nickel on expense reports and getting paid the maximum govnt allowable mileage reimbursement or an allowance that affords more than a golf cart-esque vehicle.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

150K or more? I doubt it very much. Otherwise you would be telling everyone the company. Write on your company's board. Why continue to write here?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why continue to write here? To warn all prospective applicants that they will be lied to about commission, reimbursement, growth potential, micromanaged to death then let go at around 90 days. This comapny has the most expensive insurance, lowest mileage reimbursement and insane expense policy you will ever see! All that and you get to memorize a script like an elementary school child!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been gone from this horrible unethical company for over a year now and I am so much more happier and have a great quality of life plus make 30K more per year. I only work 36 hours a week, have great insurance that costs NOTHING. Totally paid by employer. I get 6 weeks off per year because I don't call in sick. Life is Good. To get this job, I did not even mention MDL in my resume, it is a black mark and I did not even want it listed, really its an embarrassment to have worked there! FU MDL and your F'in Yaris!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you so badly want to know what company this ex-employee works for? Is it because you are jealous and would leave you precious MDL for an opportunity like that? I bet you would leave!! Let's be honest your compensation isn't even a third of that so even if these figures are exaggerated I know it wouldn't take much to beat your compensation. People usual leave companies for one of three reason: compensation, Management, and lack of opportunities. In MDLs case it's all three

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDL thank you, you are the greatest. I have taken 4 accounts from you in the last 2 months. One account said they havent seen a rep in over a year. You make this too easy. What is funny is that you wont even know or realized what accounts left. Beers were on you tonight. Thanks again.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the 7/25 poster and yes I will be earning close to $150k with salary, bonus, insurance, and car allowance all considered. $100k+ jobs are possible. Maybe if you look outside diagnostics in areas such as Pharma, Device, and Finance you wouldn't still be stuck at MDL or maybe your "skill set" has kept you there unable to escape. I continue to write because I have never worked at such an unethical company in my life including high school and college jobs. I can go back to any company that I have ever worked for and would be eligible for rehire and could use them as a reference. I continue to write because I was lied to when hired with promises of bonuses and promotions and never saw these even possible within this organization. I am in no way sore or spiteful as I am exponentially happier and earning way more, I however do think MDL is extremely deceitful in their hiring process and wouldn't want other people w strong resumes and ethics to walk into the same mistake I did.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do we even have 4 accounts?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess the OP does have a good job. They can make 150k and be home in the middle of the day to write about a company that you don't even work for. I'm sure the other people in your pod are grateful for your hard work. Since they are counting on you to help make their bonus. You are a dedicated employee and they are lucky to have you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not the OP. However have you considered that almost every sales job in Pharma/Device with a decent sized company pays well north of $100K w total compensation? If you knew anything about sales, you would know it typically doesn't adhere to a 9-5 schedule so your remark about my access to the internet is quite ridiculous. Especially when it is 2012 and you can get wifi anywhere, even at McDonalds! I know it wasn't taught in VT Business school, but there are ways to sell besides Panera lunches at offices - but be sure to stay under $10!

Anyone pre-employment looking at these boards for insight into ANY company - unhappy customers(or in this case former/current employees) are much more likely to post/discuss their negative experiences than positive ones (marketing 101).

The thing to realize that even if some of these comments are exaggerated - when the same topics (commission, turnover, car allowance, etc.) keep coming up AGAIN and AGAIN - maybe there is some substance to it. Just a thought...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL is the NE lazy manager still workingtheir? So funny how she hated VT than BD leaves and she can't get her nose out of her A so dam brown. She loves to talk about her own reps to you like you care right. Does nothing never responds ride along whats that? LOL only does for VT and lies and will get rid of some of her best reps no wonder NE number are where? The company will just keep hiring so funny that they don't get it, so happy top rep's have left.....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The work environment is poor. This is especially true from their sales department. Driven by 1 person who shouldn't even be a janitor; let alone sales director. It's all about "what have you done for me today?" When VT was just a sales rep she was a wall-flower, but kissed ass quite well. When she was promoted, it created quite an uproar. Several people in key position threaten to quit. Now VT is sales director and she has NO qualifications. None. VT has the wrong attitude and the fact she's running the sales department shows how little Dr. M cares about his company and employees and more about the almighty dollar. Red flags across the board on this outfit. Simply go to careerbuilders or any other job board and take notice of the multitude of job vacancies available for this outfit. And, no. This is not because of expansion. This is a perfect example of a textbook definition of a pump-ndump organization. If Dr. M truly cared about the future of his company he would reflect on the direction it's been going and the huge turn-over on a constant basis. Get rid of the Sales D and things will begin to improve.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No matter how much VT tries to shift, divert, and distract by blaming others ...... ANYONE who has ANY sales experience; especially those with managment experience, know rapid changing numbers and high lack of retention is DIRECTLY related to that particular company's management. Work environment is directly related to managment personality. Mdl is very amateurish. VT has no business being a night time assisant shift leader at Chevron. She's very immature for someone of any age. Has no clue....none, as to how to how to run anything or motivate people. Now....who wants to wager that vt or one of her lackeys will try to degrade what I just said. The bottom line is so many people hate her and hate working there. Why is this so important? Come on people who graduated from vt MBA training class. Put your mdl thinking caps on. It reflects on service and attitude with the customer. Most of these customers are bright. They see. They hear. My question is that does the sit poor attitude of most people at mdl a reflection od dr. m or vt.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand. Why don't people go and privately talk to the HR. She will listen and build a case file on VT. Nothing will happen until many of you start to do this.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why are there so many openings at mdl? why so many with their sales department? Is mdl so successful that they are expanding and need new personnel? Or, are there alot of firings; mostly from VT? I heard so many things when I was with Quest. It's refreshing to see what I heard seemed to be spot on.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

July-August 2011

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

has anyone been fired from this training class?