How many?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great that now the company is doing the right thing with WARN. How many reps do you think experienced wrongful termination just so the company could avoid paying WARN? Seems like with the direction given by management(15%?) over last 6 months, has to be over 400. Thoughts anyone?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I absolutely agree! We’ll never know exactly how many reps were lost in the “silent layoffs” but I think 400 is somewhere in the ballpark. When you add that number to the current number being laid off it is huge. Good luck to all whether you are someone who opted out like myself or someone who wants to remain with GSK. I hope that you all get what you want.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hard to say for sure. Unless you look on the Matrix look up with some prior knowledge of who was here before.

GSK isn’t a place to be trusted that’s for sure. It’s been said time and time again.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve been trying to estimate the “silent layoff” numbers too. I think you’re in the range. I’m beyond disgusted with the dishonest, underhanded way GSK got rid of good reps. One of the most respected reps in our district had this happen to him, while one of the most non working, dishonest kiss butts remains. I don’t want to be a part of this anymore. Best to you top three posters, it’s comforting to know others see the truth

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the silent layoff is a real thing then those people were on the radar for a long time. I don’t think reps can be terminated without extensive documentation.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct, however that documentation is a twisted truth of cherry-picked ‘areas of opportunity’ from field contacts, including downright falsifications on the FLL’s part.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

During the “silent layoffs” the rules of the game changed significantly and quite dramatically. All it took was two field contacts with a rating of “not meeting expectations” and the reps were given a choice by HR to resign with a severance or on the next field contact if they didn’t meet expectations they would be fired without a severance package. Needless to say not much of a choice. By the time you get to that point you know for sure that you will be rated “not meeting expectations” on the third field contact. We all know you can have the best day ever and a FLL can and will write you up poorly. Once you were identified and put on that path there was nothing you could do. It was very humiliating for the people involved and for those of us who remained very hard to see peers and friends whom we knew were good reps be let go. We even had a FLL who refused to manage out her reps and she was let go on some fabricated behaviors. So much for transparency at GSK....... Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks. I hope everyone gets what they want.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct. Stated another less tactful way, if they want you gone you WILL be gone.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pattern is plain and simple. Companies use PIP and other tactics to harass and humiliate employees when it suits them. Only when the word is out do they WARN. Damage already done. Watch how they blame the administrators, managers and employees for the fiasco. Report violations to EEOC.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree! The underhanded way they have treated these representatives has been despicable. The butt kissing, two faced, tracker making rep's that remain after all is said and done will lie and boast that GSK cleaned house. I've already heard one idiot talk badly of a rep who was managed out in the silent layoff that could outsell her lazy butt any day of the week We know the truth! GSK needs to held accountable for these unethical actions.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s no recourse for erroneous reports. You have limited space to dispute comments. Then if you try to address this via conversation, you get dinged for not finalizing your fcr in a timely manner.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The question. Did HR management direct a 15% reduction in the field. How was this to be carried out if employees were proficient or higher? Was there a collaborative effort by management to falsify contact reports in order to avoid paying WARN? . Did employees feel pressured to carry out a Silent Layoff? Were those laid off silently forced to sign agreements and/or packages out of duress? If you feel caught up in this grand scheme and pressured to sign, report to EEOC.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell, I worked with my manager to have her manage me out and I got a sweet package plus unemployment. I feel like the luckiest nonminority guy in the world!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To post #12. Yes all those things absolutely took place!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

None of this occurred.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, the silent layoff did occur. And to poster #11 about the comments, try having your manager sit with you while you type them in...and read them afterwards! Talk about BS and intimidation!! There is no way to disagree or state your case with a manager sitting next to you and reading it. You should be allowed to finish your comments away from your manager and then submit them.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seen a manager lie and abuse employees. She ontinues to get away with this behavior. Everyone knows about these FLL's and what they are doing. They are emboldened by HR. Despite numerous complaints to HR and RVP. Definitely a method used to conduct a silent layoff.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Silent layoff did occur. Too many of us have coworkers who were victims. Saw truly vicious tactics utilized. So disgusting that they didn’t just do a massive layoff. Guess Emma needed more money to put into 23 and Me joint venture. What a scam!!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who says the silent layoff didn’t happen either is flat out not telling the truth or doesn’t work for GSK. It was so blatant & evil. I hope those FLL’s that participated get hit with a good dose of karma in their own life

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dedicated Sr. field employees are the target. And no matter what the spin dr's claim, this was a despicable way to treat older employees. The humiliation was amplified by FLL's eager to do anything to appear busy and productive. Hoping for Karma, nope. Karma would never make up for the despicable and immoral behavior towards older employees. The Layoff should have occurred months ago and with dignity to all.