How much will plus sell for?

Discussion in 'Plus Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh number 16 post writer, you are sooo right!! The LIS that PLUS provides is via VITAL AXIS a software vendor that probably is responsible for 90% of the POL and Pod labs that are out there!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why doesnt one of you just hit print screen and phone / fax this into CMS.
    Here is the link to report Medicare fraud.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Office of Inspector General Hotline

To further assist you, the Office of the Inspector General maintains a hotline, which offers a confidential means for reporting Medicare Fraud. The Hotline can be contacted:

By Phone: 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477)
    By Fax: 1-800-223-2164
    (no more than 10 pages please)
    By E-Mail: HHSTips@oig.hhs.gov
    By Mail: Office of the Inspector General
    HHS TIPS Hotline
    P.O. Box 23489
    Washington, DC 20026

weblink:
    http://www.medicare.gov/fraudabuse/howtoreport.asp
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is enough information in these posts for CMS to investigate the allegations. They have an office in Boston, and would have a representative in this Providence office by the middle of next week.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus is the least of concern for CMS and one claim on a cafepharma message board about renting a basement in rhode island is not going to trigger any investigations. There are plenty of other Labs out there that are doing far worse for far longer than Plus and there 50 million in sales a year. Im sure Bio reference, bostwick, accupath amoung others have been doing alot more under the table dealings for a longer time. As far as I know vital axis is just a simple web hosting service that allows you to print out rec;s and check reports online.. Not exactly anything that everyother lab in america doesnt provide also. If there is a lab out there that doesnt provide online ordering and reporting than id like to know who they are.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, three times sales would be 150M.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The vital Axis guys will help a POL find a Pathologist and help the POL get more Clients. They work with small pathology groups to help them grow by doing this. they are big in the entire GU and GI area. Before you call me a jealous looser, I am one. Not a looser but upset and jeaolous. I lost a few big accounts in NJ that brought in a POL and yes the Pathologist was found by VA. They work very very closely with PLUS and a lab out of the Mid-Atlantic area.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't plus, cbl and path central have the same model?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and now they are all hurting because of internalization and cuts in Reimbursement. So now they are trying to copy the old US LABS and Clarient models.

CBL is bragging about a big workshop at USCAP on community pathology...what a joke!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think PathCentral will do well, Matt Watson their CEO is the former COO of US Labs and started the whole concept of the tc/pc revenue split for pathologists. They've landed some big path groups in the last three months in my area and have been in talking with my customers about their lab offering. I asked a few of my accounts about them and they really like the software. it's web-based and helps pathologists connect to their client's emr systems.
    I also heard their VP of Sales is about to hire 10 more people across the country. I know they recently hired away at least one top rep away from Clarient too....

Anybody else running into them or know about their lab offering?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What Clarient Rep did they hire?

Have not heard of this.

Oh and What Groups is CBL working with? I also heard the software does not work yet its only a Beta.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are mixing up PathCentral and CBL.

Path Central is a joke company, no Clarient Rep is there.

Thing is why would anyone use a Lab with NO PATHOLOGISTS?! : " PathCentral does not employ pathologists. We perform only the technical component of tests such as immunohistochemistry (IHC), flow cytometry, and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), enabling our customers to perform the professional component themselves and retain the associated revenue.

About half the states in the US and soon California can not use them because they provide an LIS. This is against the law in about telve states and CMS may make it a national law.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's get the facts straight: Pathcentral does have a Pathologist who is their Medical Lab Director. You can verify this through Clia license. Their software is not ready for use, as it has not been validated or verified. The software is still in Beta. They did hire a terminated Clarient rep recently, though not a superstar. Their model is to get all the TC/PC revenues in-house. They are not geared towards esoteric testing only.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

which rep, I hear Clarient never fires reps!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're deaming 3x sales. Try 5-7 times profit. Try those number on for size...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So that would be Negative 50 million for PLUS ?

They would have to pay someone to buy them?

I am so confused!!! :(

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PathCentral hired Jacey Bochner, a very successful Clarient rep who left and was not fired. She took several accounts with her.

Clarient will be fine. PathCentral has enough issues with clients not wanting to send lab work to them if they're hosting the Path Group's data. Too many eggs in one basket.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow - so much misinformation. Plus is a sinking ship, many places are. like a few on this thread.

Clarient being any kind of force is LOL.

And whoever mentioned someone having patents on technology and markers, like that matters in anyway is just as funny. Noone has tech patents that outgun anyone else. Most markers turn into kits and get sold to everyone. And until guidelines say use a marker, it is a tough road (having sold KRAS before anyone myself).

For reference - I have worked for two of the companies on this thread. To be honest if I was in the market I am not sure I would choose any of the labs mentioned. Heck, I would probably go hit up a big path group and tell them to do outreach and deliver the whole local market.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a dime! No one wants your garbage.....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HEY wait a minute, you must work for NEO. CLARIENT is part of GE, the largest most powerful force in HealthCare. Just wait, Just wait.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was kinda funny - good one.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not believe Plus will sell at all until they dump their CEO. DP is one of the most unethical people in the lab business today, I am sure there are many people on this site that can comment on his nasty and illegal business practices going back years. What experience have others had dealing with Dave P, the current Plus CEO?

Oh yeah, the previous positive Plus posts are probably his, he often posts on places like this anonymously.