How the recent J&J lawsuit is connected to Valeant

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, May 6, 2017 at 12:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39816799
    The lady who sued J&J got $110m.

Looks like Valeant currently has 33 lawsuits against them for the Shower to Shower body powder product. Womp womp.

https://www.schmidtandclark.com/shower-to-shower-lawsuit
    "Originally introduced by Johnson & Johnson, Shower-to-Shower is marketed as a feminine hygiene product that helps maintain smooth skin while absorbing moisture and odors. Early versions were made with talcum powder, which has been associated with ovarian cancer. However, some newer versions use cornstarch, which is considered to be a safer alternative.

In Oct. 2012, Valeant Pharmaceuticals purchased the rights to Shower-to-Shower from J&J. The product is now sold in the following formulations:

• Original Fresh
    • Breeze Fresh
    • Island Fresh
    • Morning Fresh
    • Sport

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A Missouri jury ordered health products giant Johnson & Johnson to pay more than $110 million to a Virginia woman for allegedly failing to disclose the cancer risk from its baby powder and another product.

Lois Slemp, 62, prevailed in the case after suing the company when she was diagnosed in 2012 with ovarian cancer. She alleged that J&J concealed the possibility that talc in its baby powder and Shower to Shower products can cause cancer.

J&J, which has repeatedly denied the connection between talc and cancer and rejected the suggestion that it should have warned consumers, said in a statement that "we deeply sympathize" with anyone affected by ovarian cancer.

But the company said it would appeal the verdict, citing a separate case that it won in March and two other dismissed cases that "further highlight the lack of credible scientific evidence behind plaintiffs’ allegations."

“We are preparing for additional trials this year and we will continue to defend the safety of Johnson’s Baby Powder," the company said in a statement.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shortsellers so depeserate for a negative headline.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no direct link medical link between talc, which is prevalent in many consumer products, and cancer.

This lawsuit reminds me of law suits against soda companies with Aspertame.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No impact, honey.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This retarded OP thinks baby powder causes cancer

He is so retarded and so deperate for a short him and David Moris

He is trying to convince us that JnJ baby powder millions of mothers use for decades causes cancer

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am going to sue the steak house near my home for selling cancer causing steaks without warning me about it

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am going to sue op of this thread for being a dumb fuck.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is O.P. a dumb fuck?

-Answer is a yes.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm going to sue both of your crack head mothers for spawning two broke ass inbeciles.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, just admit, you're (op is) a moron. btw, you have horrible b.o., too

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, ya'll Valeant bulls are really mature (Sarcasm).

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey...the lady who sued J&J got $110m awarded to her by the jury. So obviously, the jury thinks talc causes cancer. If you wanna complain about it, go find out who they are and knock on their doors. I'm just reporting facts. And the facts are the product in question is linked to Valeant. Don't shot the messenger. You pro Valeant people are stupid as fuck.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They're appealing.