How to completely destroy a decades long therapeutic legacy at a company (Respiratory).

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Nov 25, 2020 at 8:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

• Take a major blockbuster drug. One of the top 10 drugs in the world in its prime time (Spiriva) and just be lazy.
    • Ignore the salesforce when they beg and plead for a triple.
    • Ignore world renowned thought leaders who say the same thing.
    • Take a pointless LABA , add it to the LAMA and call it a day. That’s all you need. Just add a product, that’s in a class that most pulmonologists think are all identical and have had at their disposal for 30 + years , and add it to the product that now has numerous competitors.
    • Make this useless product that no asked for , nor needs , 100% of the sales reps payouts for several years. This will ensure many quality employees will leave for better jobs.
    • Consistently lose managed care coverage across the country making it virtually impossible to win in some markets.
    • Make the delivery in a formulation/device that is so complicated that you will need to create expensive videos , hire independent nursing companies to come to patient’s homes to consult, make quick start guides etc etc etc. Even then the patients will refuse to use it and doctors hate it. Also make sure there is no data to show it has better efficacy than the original device anyway. Years later 60-70% of new starts are still with the original device.
    • Release no new data at all for a significant amount of time.
    • Make a doll in a box your sales aids.

Timothy O'Herron likes this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

classic are the dolls! Who ever came up with that idea should be fired!

give me one time a rep used those dolls without the manager sitting there shot gun?

The big mistake was not putting albuterol in the respi device. This was a total lack of understanding of the business and time involved in training. When albuterol went back to branded...total missed opportunity!
    Why? All pts start on albuterol..staff trains pt/family...disease progresses there is no need to train again...easy transition. I never had a doctor not like the concept of the device but pts at this point already have a concept of what an inhaler is by this time...no one likes change

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The the inventor of the doll got promoted. I think it came to her in a dream or a hallucination.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nooooooooooo!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh I loved the POA trying to role play with those stupid dolls and making it seem so relevant and important.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

managed care losses? That’s a new one. Except for Cvs Caremark Medicare, we are in very solid position. In fact, some bigly formulary losses for the competition are happening very soon.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Except Trelegy is covered. They are forcing providers off of anoro and now Trelegy is covered. We should have done that with handihaler years ago and forced the respimat transition before we had all of the competition.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this guy gets it. Amazing it still needs to be explain years later. Also, stiolto has had coverage over the years ? Not even close.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was just a case of "penis envy"

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so what you’re saying is you can’t ‘force’ your customers to switch patient (in the same category) to Stiolto? You must be a shit rep. Or the GSK rep is better than you. Likely a combo of both. I guess we’re fucked.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The biggest prescribers are behind the iron curtain; oh so is his nurse and NP. Can't write a note to push them along? Shit rep? I guess I am. What would YOU DO?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dear OP: Thanks for putting respiratory in parenthesis. Without it we would have had no clue what you were talking about. :eek:

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To all who bothered to post- you're all correct... but really, tell us something we didn't know already. Better yet, let's start speculating on just how more fucked up it can get in 'RESP' for 2021.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't breath...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Respiratory MSLs gone in April just announced Friday

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really??? I am on the metabolic side. That does not sound good at all.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love those dolls! I actually velcro’d the male doll to my company car’s dashboard so I’ll be constantly reminded of the PIF story. It’s such a great visual aid.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just spit out my beer! Lol

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No you did not. Shut the fuck up