How to get out of the firm (JNJ)

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the best way to get out of JNJ. I was told that I was going to be put on a plan. I don't agree with it, but I guess that is the way it is. What are my options. Do you have to sign something, or do you just quit, what kind of time frame do they give you on a plan. Some people I have talked to said you get 90 days and most of them use this time to find another job. I really want to try to fullfill the plan, but would I still be history? If I don't come of the plan, then what??? Please help... This is a disagreement with my boss, and is not performance related. I promise that I have worked hard for this company for 15 years in the same role, and now all of the sudden I am getting plan... Please help!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are setting you up so that they can get rid of you in the next round of layoffs, which usually happens in the September to November time frame. Write a letter to HR and tell them you want to be laid off. That way if you are released for poor performance, you can always state that this happened after you expressed your interest to leave. If they aren't setting you up, they'll try to find out why you want to leave, so you'll know their intentions right away. Good luck and remember that the grass is much greener outside of JnJ.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let's get this straight, you are on a PIP plan but not because of performance - I don't believe you. Why haven't you gone to HR - your manager would have his nuts in the vice quicker than Weldon can say "recall". What a load of bollocks. Knuckle down to your job and stop fucking whining. Other option is get another job. You sound like a loser to me. Sorry.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it because you are older? Over fifty? I hear they're the new targets.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you truly want out of the company DO NOT tell them. The package they offer will not be as sweet. Take the 90 days to try to find a job if the required improvement plan unattainable. You still get paid and still get bonus, plus car, plus bene's, plus etc. If you fail on the plan and haven't found anything, you'll probably get moved to a final warning where you'll get another 30-90 days. More of the same and you're on the payroll for 4 to 6 months total. When and if they let you go, you'll get a package that is longer if you sign and will not sue the company. Depending on how much time you have in the company this could add several more months of payroll. This plan is the best way to maximize your coverage for as long as possible.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the advice. I'm over 50 and am smart enough to see that they are targeting me, even though my numbers a great, my expense reports clean, etc. They're getting so desperate that they're even trying to get my colleagues to conspire against me, but instead some of them are feeding me info. Your post helped a lot.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The same thing is happening in our organization. What happened to this company?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk to a lawyer to see if you have any case. Document everything. Remember that if you quit, you can't collect unemployment. Most companies will try to get you to quit so they don't have to pay anything. Good luck and remember that no matter what anybody says or does, they can not take away the fact that you are a good person.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am over 50 and I understand that there are probably losers around. I did go to HR prior to the plan and explained what was going on. I can assure you I have given this company everything I have, and work hard every day. I was over 100% for the last 5 years. It really comes down to a new manager that likes to do things his way. I have been successful under my previous manager for 12 years, then new guy comes in and now I am going on a plan.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear that you are on a PIP but I can't believe that you worked under the SAME district manager for 12 years at jnj... seriously? I've never heard of such a long-standing relationship with a dm and rep in this industry. My guess is that even though you might not want to admit it, you and your manager had become a bit too comfortable and complacent with each other through the years and your relationship may have become more of a friendship than a true work relationship. It's in the works that jnj is going to be replacing every district managers with completely new districts and regions as well as different operating companies to shake things up and make everyone perform optimally. Hopefully your new manager gives you a chance to prove yourself and you can get off of the PIP plan because it would be a shame to lose such great benefits as a pension and health insurance.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I realize it may seem hard to believe, but I have had the same manager. My manager left because of retirement. I wouldn't say we were friends, but my DM new what I was doing and I have always gotten great performance reviews. My customers love me, and I have the numbers. The new DM, just has his ways of how he wants me to call on customers. He is hard core so to speak. I am not that way, I build relationships and have had them for 15 years. My customers have been with me through my kids school, to college and many came to their weddings. My business is strong. I just cannot change my peronality to be more of a "pit bull" with my customers. It is not my style, and customers don't appreciate those kind of sales people. Maybe I could try it, but I have always been true to myself. Yes the benefits are great, but the stress is killing me. I have been with JNJ for now over 20 years, I was with a different company prior to my current position. I also feel my age could be a factor, but cannot prove that...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have great relationships with your customers, you could explain your new bosses attitude to them and apologize in advance for your new behavior on the days he is with you. My old customers from my past company did some great acting for me when I got a boss who hated how I worked. I had also had a great manager for many years who loved my style. Most customers will put up with us being weird when our bosses are with us and on the rest of the days be yourself. Do check with a lawyer and document.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too see the over 50 employees being targeted, but do you really think it is a company-wide policy or simply individual manager's prejudices.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with poster suggesting you have customers warned in advance. Make sure you get fair warning of field visit, tell customers ahead of time that your new boss is threatening your job if you don't act a certain way in front of him, this sounds dramatic but at this point you have nothing to lose. Set up your days to look they way he wants them to look.
    If your numbers are good, I would see an attorney, but never let them know you are seeing one. Do not trust HR, they work for JNJ.
    If you are let go, the severance is 2 weeks of base pay for every fully completed year of service. Do not quit as you will not get severance or unemployment. If they let you go, you will be given severance package and a certain amount of time to sign it (10 days? does anyone know?) Immediately take it to your attorney, negotiate for more.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy has no idea what they are talking about. First of all the PIP is the FINAL warning and if you do not overcome it you are gone. JNJ is not targeting "older" reps in fact the opposite. If your age plus the years with jnj equal more than 67 which is the age of retirement they are going to have a hell of a time letting you go. i was on a plan once three years ago and i am still here.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At no other company in this industry does the same rep work for the same manager in field sales for more than 2 years. Only jnj would be so complacent and in-bred to have the same rep and manager work together for more than 2 years. Obviously the "realignments" were only for show or to get rid of targeted and discriminated employees. The only thing Jnj has done well was covering up how inept the op companies are run to the shareholders and public for years. Jnj is all smoke and mirrors.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP, don't worry about how to get out of jnj. This company is taking a major hit. Word at the water cooler is that major layoffs are right around the corner. Lots of dms and reps targeted. Just hang on and hope for the best.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think that my manager is right and that only the onver 50 y.o. reps will be targeted? They are better off being get rid of because we younger reps are smarter and more energetic. COBI is suppodesly getting rid of the old reps this year. After that we will be great again.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please post what your DM's name is so IF J&J is that stupid to target based on age we can subpoena their ass an have a major class action lawsuit. And if you are truly younger and smarter, you may want to learn how to spell "S-U-P-P-O-S-E-D-L-Y"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone thinks that the older reps are targeted at layoffs, but if you look at the demographics during the past years, just as many young reps across the board were laid off as well. Everyone thinks they can cry discrimination if they ever get targeted or laid off but when you sign onto a company like jnj you are an at-will employee and jnj has years of receipts, timestamps, call documents, and expense reports on file to audit you and verify that you were fired for non-compliance or valid reasons. The only people who are safe are those who are their dms pets. I've seen too many dms at jnj cover for reps who should have been fired for criminal activity. It's all about having a dm who has your back.