How to get out of the firm (JNJ)

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now is not the time to get out of the firm. The general unemployment rate, which counts only people who looked for work in the previous four weeks, held steady at 9.1 percent. A broader measure that includes people who have looked for work in the last year and people who were involuntarily working part time instead of full time increased slightly to 16.2 percent. The percent of working-age adults who were employed, already at its lowest rate since 1983, was at 58.2 percent.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for that. Did you know that 68% of all statistics are made up on the spot? or was it 72%?

Buddy, the only holding thing you back is your attitude. Fuck the bad economy excuse. Companies that are doing well are hiring. I had 2 job offers on the tables before I left Jnj; both of them paid 3 times what I made at JnJ (thats another thing, jnj pays shit compared to others in the industry).

But if you can bear being unhappy while you blame being stuck on everything else (the economy, family, etc), then good for you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weldon may have brought J&J to it's metaphorical knees; but I bet he's not a lazy weasel like you. Get out and do some work you useless prick.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do. I am building my property business so in a few years when this dries up I will be able to sit back and enjoy life while I am still young. That is the great thing about working at COBI, we have lots of downtime to build our side businesses and management doesn't even care! I thought it would get tough after SH left but now my people are so tied into the new management that I can do whatever I want. And there are people who work even less then me and are making tons in SICP. You gotta love this new JAnssen, baby!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ride your PIP out and be on the hunt for a new job

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are let go because of a PIP, do you lose your pension? I am a 20 + employee with a stellar track record and like many of the posters have been targeted. I believe I will get to keep my 401k monies but wil lose my benefits although they can be extended for a period through COBRA at an astronomical cost. The severance is a surprise to me, I was not aware of that.

The whole issue of attorneys is interesting and I appreciate the discussion. Is it fair to say I am just really tired? It sounds so lame even to me but this has Ben going on for two years. I know, I'm actually that good (ha) but honestly it has kicked the shit out of me and I've lost two years of seeing my kids grow up because I've been madly trying to beat the unbeatable.

I would sure appreciate answers to the above and any counsel any of you posters would be willing to advise on. The end is near I believe and clearly I need to make some decisions.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you are vested after 5 years whatever you have is yours. So, no you don't lose it, but it is locked in to what you have accumulated.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of my rep counterparts owns a drycleaners on the side !!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PIP is legalise for "we want your ass out of here"....for any of several reasons...mostly,..you're annoying !!!!!!!.......
    Like over 55 + ,. just too many appropriate questions,...difficulty getting your head far enough up management's orifice to be pleasing......just too smart.....in general "not with the program"...."negative attitude"......yes sir !!
    "Despite the data sir, I do see your point".........!!
    Yes, .....I have my CREEDO....and all is well !!

What a crock of shit.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But jobs are tough to find,...so be cooperative with the imbeciles.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And then there's the former COBI, where reps can do what they want. If your numbers are good, you get a pass from HCC. Job security!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course - those in management have the power/authority to 'make things up as they go along' so long as it keeps them around.............

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone ever think of reporting COBI people who literally work two days a week. I live in a big city near a few and they are always at home or working out. They literally see 2 or 3 people and call it a day. I am terribly jealous that I don't have there job because any person could do it. How do you get hired into COBI. Is there no accountability or work ethic? See you at the East Bank Club in Chicago around 2pm.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At COBI reps have been screwing the company for years, all to the blind eye of management, who condone it because they're usually doing the same thing themselves. Reps have construction and catering businesses and use company funds to finance some of them. If you are a top rep you can do anything you want to continue to grow business. One rep sponsors holiday parties for her top doctor's family and buries it as a company meeting. Another buys pastries for a doctor's office christmas party even though we get emails every year saying we can't do it. Some reps buy lunches and breakfasts and either bring them home or trash them in dumpsters and then make up false attendee lists using names from their social organizations, schools and so on. Some reps cover big hospital accounts that don't allow food to be brought in, but to cover and make it look like they are doing something there they do the old lunch dumpster drop thing. If the company wants to catch them they can go online to view hospital food policies and then match them against expense reports. Some reps do this to grab business, some to cover that fact that they're not really working, some to appease hard ass driving managers. Other reps find a business owned by a target doctor or a doctor's spouse and make sure they bring business to it. All this stuff is easy to find out, but HCC either doesn't care or is a puppet of the RBDs and managers. A lot of these reps are valuable to their managers even if their numbers are terrible, because they are able to get confidential information from other reps that they immediately tell their managers. many of us wonder why the same reps are at the bottom year in and year out but loved by their managers, but know you know why. Others wonder why mediocre reps who can't even get through a two minute role play at a meeting are held up as superstars by management, who will say on conference calls and Presidents club announcements that these reps challenge their doctors with clinical data on each call. Yea, if the call is at an expensive restaurant in December maybe. Not. The whole organization is a joke, and whoever dares to call it out is targeted for dismissal or harassment. My message to the honest reps is this: compile as much as you can and before bringing it to HCC present it to a good attorney and also include a copy to local media and the state AG office.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The whole organization is a joke, and whoever dares to call it out is targeted for dismissal or harassment. My message to the honest reps is this: compile as much as you can and before bringing it to HCC present it to a good attorney and also include a copy to local media and the state AG office"

You are right! Does HCC check these sites?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if they did they are impotent puppets who serve at the hands of director of sales. A very good rep was fired for minimal offenses while others who openly flaunt their transgressions are honored at the national meeting. This rep should sue for discrimination. Leadership has been given various clues to whose breaking the rules, HCC hotline has been called, even key customers have called to complain, and nothing. Come on, leadership, WHO HAS A COMPANY OR IAM MEETING AT A FIVE STAR RESTAURANT ON A SATURDAY NIGHT IN DECEMBER? Media scrutiny will save this company. Only that.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is pretty accurate. In our region the guy we all know is the abms patsy calls everyone to see who they think is posting on CP, then tells his manager. Manager protects him.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate this fricken place. I am hoping to get laid-off today so I can start to heal from all the negativity that surrounds this sh_t hole.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It took me a year to heal after leaving. I slept really good last night!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They target over 50's cause they don't want to give them the 55-10 medical insurance option.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no idea of what it's like to experience this. JBI former Centocor driving people out unmercifully. They are brutal in the way they do it.