How to save MS sales jobs

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's all commit to a 15% salary and target bonus reduction so everyone can keep their job.

If we all stick together on this, we can totally show the company what doing the right thing looks like.

What do you say team OCREVUS?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a family to provide for, mortgage, kids in private schools, luxury suv note, etc. The answer is NO. I wish them well.. but my family comes before theirs!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not sure why anyone would WANT to work here. Many people will stay just long enough to find another job.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i have a better idea, let’s all threaten to go on strike. With the stink over this mess it would be near impossible for them to hire replacements. If and when they eventuallly hired people, then they would have to train them before they could go in the field. Easily a nine month or longer timeline to rebuild and train a sales force and tons of expenses. Not to mention the piss poor quality of people they would be able to recruit.

Can you imagine how the company would react? They would piss themselves at the threat of not having a MS sales force in place for at least the next 9 months. Kiss all those sales goodbye baby.

Our terms to avoid a strike, no field force reduction before 2021. Everything else, status quo.

Let’s do it. Solidarity- all for one, and one for all.

Signed,
    Spartacus

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In some companies this might work, but the culture here has created nothing but self promoters and Brown-mowers. It’s a shark filled environment and sad. Plus, it’s not about the money. If it was they have a funny way of showing they need to reduce spending with all the excess meetings and more. When the poor people are let go, those that will be with the company will be off to a July Over-the-top Vegas meeting and they won’t even worry about the other people. People keep talking about this wonderful severance. Not so wonderful for 4 months when it can take twice that to find not even the best job but a decent job.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The 4-month severance is equal to a year’s pay for half of all working Americans and it should not take a good salesperson more than 4 months to find a “decent” job.

For prima donnas, it will take longer because they will consider many “decent” jobs beneath them, afterall they’ve got a BS in communications from NW Pennsylvania State University and 10 years of experience.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh please! Get off your high horse. A contract sales force at 50k would replace you faster than a speeding train. Matter of fact, wouldn’t be surprised if a tentative contract sales force is in place already. Never forget you can be replaced!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If someone cannot meet their financial obligations for 7 or 8 months with a 4-month severance package, they have bigger problems than being out of work.

They are living well above their means or have no clue on financial mgmt. No excuse for not having a 3-month emergency fund with this income level.
    No sympathy from me.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THATS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO SYMPATHY OR COMPASSIONATE AT ALL! GET OFF THIS THREAD. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS COMMENTING ON ANYONES FINANCIAL SITUATION. IT COULD BE AS SIMPLE AS THIS NOW EATS INTO WHAT LITTLE BIT OF SAVINGS FAMILIES DO HAVE. YOU ARE SUCH A JERK BEYOND WORDS. I KNOW THERE ARE SOME REAL COLD HEARTED ASSHOLES OUT THERE, BUT YOU TAKE THE CAKE. IS THIS YOUR NEW JOB POSTING ON HERE? GO AWAY. NO ONE WANTS YOUR OPINIONS OR COMMENTS. WE ALL WISH WE KNEW WHO YOU WERE. LOOK IN THE MIRROR, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE BIGEST DICK ON THE PLANET AND WHEREVER YOU WORK, I HOPE YOU GET CANNED.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ignore this little troll. He's just looking for a response so don't give him the satisfaction. Bypass his posts and keep this thread open for those who want to help and engage.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Personal Responsibility. Pull yourselves up by the boot straps! And don’t you dare file for unemployment. That’s welfare and taking money out my wallet.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently the entitlement crowd does not deal well with truth and reality. Like most in pharma, living above their means with no real marketable skills, and no long-term planning. Living the high life until it crashes.
    Peace and a safe landing.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ignore.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you contribute the max to your 401k? Or just enough to get the GENE match? Guessing the later because you need a big house and spend beyond your means. I would prefer not to have to take care of you in your retirement due to your irresponsibility

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All caps, with profanities. Impressive, your momma must be very proud of you.

You know nothing about me. I am very compassionate to those deserving. I have sponsored kids in places like Brazil, Dominican Republic, and Haiti for years. I support charities in my local communities that help deserving people who need a hand.

What I don't support is entitlement attitudes for people who make fat salaries and can't manage it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One promise I can make, if I ever lose my job, I won't be on any message board whining about it and blaming someone else. I manage my money responsibly and live within my means. Haven't bought a new car in 2 decades, not because I cannot afford it, but because it's stupid.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Move along troll. We're not biting.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here, I am so disheartened and disappointed by the lack of positive responses here. I thought we were a team and cared about one another and we would fight together to protect each other's job and livelihood. The first reply came from someone who said they have a luxury SUV to feed and private schools. How horrible !

Then we have people calling each other names and hurling insults and profane words at one another.

I am so disgusted. I wish I could volunteer to be displaced. I'd love to take the severance pay and start over at company where people care about their peers not just themselves. This totally stinks.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fact of CP - the silent majority, who are good people, usually don't post here.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so are you saying they should identify all the MS posters on here and can them first? I second that.