How to sell your products to me....I was a former rep now I prescribe

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Jul 13, 2022 at 4:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm a dermatologist and get a few reps coming in every day to peddle whatever new biologic is the latest and greatest. The reps I've known for awhile know in a former life I was a drug rep and corporate sales trainer. Full disclosure I worked for Merck, Sandoz/Novartis and Schering Plough over two decades ago.
    For the love of God, if you want me to use your product start off by asking if I know about it. I'll tell you if I use it, if I don't why I don't and let you know where it fits into my practice. It seems the new reps want to vomit all of the information they gathered from training and spill it on my office floor. Don't please, it is just annoying. If I tell you I use your product at that moment please quit selling me. I'm sold I had to tell an AbbVie rep today I use her Humira every day for my HS patients yet she still wanted to tell me how to dose it and how to get it through insurance. Lady, I already know. Please quit selling after I buy. Your jobs can be tough. I get it. Be friendly, don't be a dumb ass and don't waste time. I get paid per patient so the quicker you can get in and out of my office the happier I am. Good selling.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great.
    Another doctor that needs to see as many patients as possible to make more money.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do u perfer Panera or a trip to Hooters?
    If I go the extra mile can I get your business?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well an MD is running a business and anything that wastes his time should be eliminated.