HQ tells us the skinny already.....

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jul 29, 2017 at 6:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quietly they laid off some peeps in HQ, when are they hitting the field? BTW have a great weekend...I know we had a crazy day but everything is OK.....Hahahahahahahaha

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. Some of the recent departures were forced out and others were voluntary maybe because they saw the writing on the wall. Regardless, the ranks of the high and mighty are being decimated. The fish rots from the head down so they are starting at the top and working their way down. There will be some very shocked people at the next manager's meeting.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

August is upon us

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How did it get this bad?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. I have seen a lot of changes in HQ over many years. The downfall began when senior leadership decided that anyone could lead the sales force and the thought was that it would be good experience for marketing, finance and even some support group leaders to get some sales experience and instead of sending them out as PSSs they made managers and even at grade 7 and 8 level. The thinking was that leadership is leadership regardless of their background or experience. Add in that they picked people with huge egos who wouldn't listen to anyone below them or even seek advice other than paid consultants who were simply sucking up to them to enrich themselves.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^this is definitely one piece of it. Cubicle rats with no direct reports who may have been a good analysts, promoted to DSM without any field sales experience.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DSM? More like CBD or above.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback. That explains field sales leadership. What about the lack of qualified brand leaders?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. Most of the marketing people leading our brands in the last 5 years have been hired from outside. They have degrees from prestigious universities and have been with two or more companies.
    They don't know and often have trouble adjusting to the weird culture that has evolved in Wilmington.
    Nobody here is cheering for anyone else to succeed, just the opposite. The bottom line is that they may look good on stage and say the right things in meetings, but they have never accomplished anything and will leave just ahead of accountability. Have you seen Trump's new Communications Director? He would be hired by AZ in a NY second. Ruthless and self promoting.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Self-promoting and lack of accomplishment is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

And yes, the culture is a backstabbing culture from the lowest field rep to the highest brand director.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just like organized crime the most ruthless rise to the top.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please don't insult organized crime.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the HQ source:
    IF you are real, realizing that there are those on here that are working to provide income for families, please, to the best of your ability, answer this.
    1. Truly, do you, (not anyone else, or what you "heard") believe sales reductions will occur this year?
    2. Will AZ employees ever again be allowed to volunteer to leave with a full separation package, like in 2012?
    The way I see it, you answer this truthfully, you are in fact, a source from HR, that will help lend credibility to this.
    If you don't answer, you're probably someone like many on here that are pretenders. Thanks.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not the HQ source but I can pretty much guarantee they will not take "volunteers" like they did in 2012. As one of the 750 who were let go in December, I personally know of tenured reps in other TAs that tried to self-select in order to get out and let the younger ones in neuro keep their jobs. HR said no way... much easier and less expensive to just wipe out individual divisions.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. I cannot answer all of your questions but can give you a feel based on what we are seeing and hearing. There have been a lot of meetings behind closed doors and some long faces the last few weeks. It is now obvious that they knew this most recent bad news is coming. But since you wanted to know if I am for real, haven't my predictions for the most part come true? There are a lot of false rumors in Wilmington but very few secrets that don't leak out. The game is to separate rumors from facts.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You nailed it. A culture of NO accountability-once a good idea is hatched someone will claim as their own and grandstand - look really good on stage yet will it have the depth to carry it thru. And once an idea goes just a bit south or seems like it is...same people run fast or pin the bad idea on someone else, backstabbing them

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. The game with these land sharks in HQ is to attack, spread false rumors, discredit and demote or run off anyone who comes up with a successful idea, plan or program. Then they will take credit for it and milk it for their next promotion. The entire leadership and brand team is populated with people who never had a genuine idea or accomplished anything positive in their lives. When they are cornered and challenged to produce they will hire a consultant who will sell their plan for the right price. Then they take credit as if it was really their idea and plan. Seen that one play out multiple times over my years in HQ

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here as well. The fact that this culture has been allowed to thrive is the fault of the C-Suite leaders. I have never witnessed such incompetence and inability, collectively. Failed trials across TAs as well as failed pricing schedules with managed market add to the inability of the brand leaders to understand their market and the opportunity in said market. A few of the biggest idiots have recently left on their own accord. A few bigger idiots still remain. First round of layoffs coming soon. Will be minor compared with the big one in December.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Global here

PH failed to bring order to Wilmington. RD is struggling to understand those beneath him. Big cuts coming from top down. Field may be spared while leadership is gutted and recruits brought in from the outside. New leadership will decide how to proceed. Pascal's replacement will bring her people in.