Hu-Friedy

Discussion in 'Hu-Friedy' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely sounds like a disgruntled ex-employee to me, one of the ones recently cleaned out. No one else would use the same invective. Time for you to move on!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're probably thinking of the old commission plan in place when you were there.

Sorry, they can't sign you up again.

(On which channel do you watch those Bonanza reruns?)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Hu-Friedy hired a publicist to try to revive their falling reputation in the industry. Not a very good one at that. Maybe you should get a job trying to revive Charlie Sheen's image. "Winning"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They stream the Bonanza reruns on the Friends of Hu-Friedy website. I can catch up on them when I'm waiting for my next appointment in the doctors waiting room. Thanks HF!!

BTW, I'm a retail rep. Never worked for Hu-Friedy and never would-I'm not a hygienist. The company is still an over blown, over rated, over priced, dump.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have a great name in dental and sell high quality products.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a Masters Program alum, it is obvious that you've never visited the facility and speak from a wealth of ignorance. Hope you're not with the same company I am.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The instruments are being made In China by HopSing the cook at the Ponderosa.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? PROVE it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Google SYCOR and Hu-Friedy Medical Instrument Co., Ltd, Shanghai, China

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you take everything you see as the gospel truth? Pretty naive. When you toured the factory you didn't see them making any Patterson or Schein instruments did you? But, if you know anything, you know that they private label many of these house brand instruments. The wealth of ignorance is coming from you. Wake up!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know an ex-employee because he could not hamdle the poor quality complaints. I think your drinking too much Kool-Aide. Go to Starbucks wake up and smell the coffee,

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He left because he could not handle the poor quality calls. Yes they are making instruments in China. Luckily it is not Pakistan.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK. So what you are saying is that they make instruments in China and sell them to Schein and Patterson as those companies' house brands. That could make sense. It certainly is true that our house brand is extremely inferior in materials and workmanship. I don't think they even last half as long as the Hu-Friedy branded products. I wouldn't be surprised if these were coming from China. I don't actually sell much of the house brand because they're worse out of the package and then don't hold up. Many rust. But of course, it's pure speculation that these were made in China, or made by Hu-Friedy.

By the way, IS THAT YOUR PROOF? A Shanghai business address in China? How do you know it isn't a sales office? Or that SYCOR (appears to be a German consulting company) lists Hu-Friedy as a reference? What does that mean to you? Pretty thin stuff. Seems like you're using some pretty flimsy evidence to level some rather serious accusations.

Bet your old Hu-Friedy territory was here in the Northeast, which would explain your vehemence.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would never sell instruments cant make money selling scalers and curettes to hygenist.
    What are you making 80K with benefits? Wow, I'm impressed. They are making instruments in China. You disprove me? I shall see the SYCOR people in Cologne and get tha straight scoop from them and not from a salesrep who does not know the business. If you were worth your salt you would be working for an implant company. This is probably your first job in dental. I am not in Northeast and have never worked for Hu-Friedy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been to their offices in Shanghai. It's a full blown factory that is larger than their Chicago operation (which I've been to also). They say that they only manufacture in Shanghai for the Asian market but that's doubtful. They moved their CNC machines from Chicago to Shanghai several years ago. These are the machines that turn the steel rods into the instrument tips. If they aren't making the tips in Chicago any longer and they are making them in China it's pretty easy to connect the dots.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Implant company?? Get real...Implant reps are the Abercrombie & Fitch sales people of the dental world. Totally useless and totally OVER. They may as well move to Pharma. You need to realize that the 90's are over!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 90's are over implants have become a commodity however instruments have been there for a long time. Hu-Friedy has an association with one implant compant and mosy of their reps are selling other companies because of the pittting and rusting of instruments. So pick up you bag and catalogs and go sell.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder why they did not reply to this answer. I also wonder why this person is not in Cologne? You are right on the money about Shanghai.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you need to put down your cocktail and stop posting to this site when you're DRUNK!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great products , but watch out.