HUGE HEADCOUNT REDUCTIONS

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Aug 28, 2017 at 1:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

merck is hiring as Keytruda continues to get new indications.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would you leave now and not cash in big time if let go? My manager has us allowed us to go into shut down mode, 1 day a week until the announcement. Once the announcement, 60 day WARN period. Package will be roughly 6 months of pay and benefits, along with 2 weeks per year of service. I have been here over 10 years. One year of pay, 60 days WARN, plus in shut down mode already, basically a quarter million dollars to work maybe 10 days. Cancer pays well here at Genentech. I can take the rest of the year off, start looking for a job next year. There will be tons of jobs available, plus a seriously packed bank account.

Not sure why the stress. This is like winning a small lottery. Love to receive a pile of cash from Genentech.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought that the laziest sale org in the industry was always in shut down mode?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've sat in meetings with ZS before. It is such a racket. They shift with the wind and care only about the next contract. Unfortunately, some of the data they pull is inaccurate and needs to be humanized by someone who actually knows the geography. This is when the RM's and DM's who are left will come in. Speaking of DM's I hope they look at their score. Why would you keep managers who historically have high turnovers and are known to NOT be good managers? Moving on as good as many of them are most of the support roles don't have consistent touch points with accounts and can only say what a rep can say anyway. From a marketing perspective 90% of the ivy league marketers have no experience and rely on retired or small practice docs in add boards to give them ideas to woo their bosses. Or better yet wait for a product team meeting to take ideas and put their name on it. To continue my rant (that I'm sure will get blasted) If they are truly looking at change look at the legal team as well. They are always looking to justify their roles as well and make it tough to compete with the constant list of can't do's. As far as change...yes its coming. Bill was the Grim Reaper before he left for over seas for a complete roche indoctrination there he was praised for being heartness and now he is back for chapter two "the purge". The over the top for me know is the email we just received about the "transformation team" look at the list. Where is the diversity BILL? And Christy what I'm seeing here is a group of your wine drinking buddies. I'm starting my outreach for a new gig now. Genentech you have been great to me and I truly have missed the real leadership of Art.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said. As a former Roche person I am disgusted at how this has been handled. Best of luck to everyone.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is heme being protected, they are the biggest bunch of slackers in the company

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C'mon! You know that Genentech is overbloated in many divisions; Onc and RA probably the biggest offenders...Onc division never worked; 8-9 people would battle just to have a sticking lunch; Please!

There is life after Genentech- the company is so full itself with these garbage Fortune top company to work for...Other companies simply just do their business and do not worry about fluffiness...Pick up your big boy pants people!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is time for everyone to act like a pro.. put your head down and work while being smart, look out for your family. This is just business decision and YOU have to make the right business decisions for your family and career. Please use your emotional intelligence and focus on the tasks on hand. There is to much poor me BS smack talk.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

at least the lieing is almost over

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does Heme get the same severance as LGI/HER/SKIN in 6 months or do they just get screwed after all the jobs on the market are gone?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

will be two tiers it depends on the numbers and if there is a 60 day warn in the 2nd layoff., if not they may get a very different deal. Not good

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will there be a voluntary option? Is that the first wave?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just put enough aside to pay your BIG Tax Bill!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are they saying about the LGI team? I know it was stated above that Lung would cut 45......What about the CRC reps and Tecentriq reps? Or is this an opportunity to pick and choose who they put in and cut for these spots?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mr. Anderson, Welcome back, we missed you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exact sentiments, no one here will look out for you and since we are all just numbers to the actuaries cutting the fat and fluff, don't expect HR to be your friend. For some this will be a major wake up call and they still will blame it on someone else for not looking out for them.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old dollar Bill was brought in to do the hatchet job like he did years ago. Evidently is doing it it in the same, disjointed keep them in the dark way.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Feels like CIP all over again.