HUGE HEADCOUNT REDUCTIONS

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Aug 28, 2017 at 1:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The suspense is killing me! Will we have a job, or not? This is such a distraction.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO!!! The jig is up....Time for a reality check.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the end my friend. Bill may be late to the finish but he always delivers. Chop Chop Chop

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When does the 60 day warn start? Is there an official notification that we will get? I'm not familiar with that process.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What band will play at NSM in 2018???

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Robert John singing...
    sad eyes
    Turn the other way
    I don't want to see
    You cry

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Newsflash....most of you are not going to the boon doggle NSM!!!!!

Actually have to work looking for a job!!! And Genentech does not guarantee you a job!!!
    That is the reality.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Deal is, managers know which COS's are on the chopping block. If you feel like your manager is being short with you now, you are probably the one that is going away. They have been asked to rate us for ZS and, it has all been done. They are now looking at the design for Manager realignments. One division manager per 12 COS's. I hear, divisions will get larger and managers more centralized. Avastin/Immunology only needs one regional manager not two.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is all a way to remove the people that they don't want or need and keep the ones they do. We all know we have too many reps, managers and marketers. We have always put people in places to protect ourselves and that will continue. I will bet you see not one person towards the top leave or reduced.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is BS. Job performance sadly will not be a factor in the decisions...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The RA franchise is the worst. Way too many reps who make one call a day if even that. The new senior management is finally recognizing the waste.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong, have a partially meets and it counts.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

60 day warn starts the day you get the phone call stating your job has been eliminated. That's the warn. You stop working immediately and will have 7 days to turn in your computer, phone and car. But you are officially still employed with full pay and benefits for 60 days. At the end of that period you receive your severance payout which in the past has been pretty generous.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most definitely not now. RIP Tom. :(

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks you. You seem very knowledgeable. Do you know if you get healthcare benefits for the same length of time that you have severance pay?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I know.
    No, you don’t.
    And...no, you can’t go to NSM 2018.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha! I'm ok with missing NSM if I'm no longer employed here.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

none of us should be to worried about being laid off. We are the top salesforce in oncology by far...no one will have a problem finding a job with our experience. Probably end up way better too- get a severance here and get raise somewhere else. Same job different story!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree!