I’m curious to know how people who came here a year or so ago feel

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by anonymous, Feb 18, 2020 at 6:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you think you made a wise decision or would you have stayed put knowing then what you do now. I turned down a job about a year ago. It was in Neuro and it was close to $25k more than I was making.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do we know now?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Certainly glad I came over! Nothing is ever perfect but overall love my job, team, and manager.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is great feedback, if you could change one or two things what would they be, and how would you change them?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you get honest answers most people would say yes based on the salary but that is it. Everyone in the field talks about this. The benefits are great too. People came for the money and that is why many are hanging on. It is the most stressful and pressure filled job. The expansions have ruined it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of good people but more bad apples. I am only glad I came because the bump in my salary but otherwise it is not worth it. A lot of my colleagues have shared the exact sentiment.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How could I not be happy with a base salary of $180k and $150k in commission? Where else are you going to make this kind of money? It’s called WORK-why are you complaining that it’s stressful? Go work at Burger King if you want a non-stressful job.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FULL OF SHIT!!! people are making 20-25k average bonus. Maybe 10 people are breaking 70. Go back to your desk job.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been at Alexion for just over a year. Good money so far but way over-staffed. Its rapidly becoming a neuro company, thank God! How bout that party! Tolga is a dunce! Pulling all his cronies from Pfizer and they don’t know dick about rare disease or running a small biotech. Poorly executed resources. The management campaigns are very confusing. Its One Fuck-up Alexion!

Lobster305 likes this.
  9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company sucks. Back stabbing idiots. People tripping over each other. Maybe is was good once. Now it is painful. Every f-ing day. No one here has a soul- nobody.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could not agree more. Yes they pay a big base but that is all. The benefits are good but it’s not worth it. Lots of good companies with opportunities. They you know their nonsense and make you believe you’re part of an elite group. More like a cult lead by big pharma people. Lots of personnel issues.

Lobster305 likes this.
  11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Launched MG. Came from LAL-D. Neurology is the future. Scary to say it but it’s true. Things ain’t what they used to be. But then again what is

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very happy I came here. No company and no job is 100% perfect, but Alexion is really good. Yes, it is HARD WORK. And it can be challenging and frustrating. But, also the most rewarding job I’ve ever had both financially and emotionally. Soliris is a life changing drug that gives people a chance at a much better life. So yes, overall very happy. And no, not a panacea and not every single person here is rock solid. But a lot are.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No company is perfect that’s for sure. Am I glad I came? You bet. Are we way too inflated in the field? You bet.

When they finally figure that part out, then this site will be flooded with “I cant believe they’re laying us off”

So be thankful for what you have you ungrateful fools. Alexion has been mostly good to us.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks HR always nice to hear from you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I imagined that COVID19 would have changed people’s perspective about what’s life all about! Is it money? Is it family? Is it a combination of both? Or whether making the move for money was even worth it!
    With a hyper inflated neuro-team, and the inability to reach each nook and corner of the country or globally, nonessential territories will be eliminated. Virtual meetings, conferences and advisory boards will require a new set of IT Savvy individuals. Every aspect of the company is currently being looked at across the globe. All good times must come to an end!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is my understanding that commercial, marketing and medical are 3 areas to be worst hit. Lot of redundancy will be eliminated. They are looking to cut the force by 20%.