I can't believe it!

Discussion in 'Genoptix' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A couple of weeks ago, Aetna announced it was implementing cuts for pathology services effective July 1st of this year. Those cuts will bring reimbursement for many pathology services down to 45-50% of current Medicare rates.

Aetna clarified today that the new rates will apply only to Aetna’s nationally-contracted labs. If your lab is not one of Aetna’s nationally-contracted labs, you will not be affected by the cuts.

Genoptix is a nationally contracted lab, I am calling my recruiter tonight if he will answer!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the Market Access group doing about this and the other health plan cuts?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuhgetaboutit nuttin gonna change jus tell me about fatazz and da shoes

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See for yourself.

http://pathologyblawg.com/pathology-news/aetna-cut-pathology-reimbursement-45-50-medicare-rates/

If we all remember the "Aetna Pull Through Campaign" it should not be too harmful to GXDX. Let us not forget Medicare is the largest payor in the Oncology market place. The payors are not the enemy or the reason to leave. Leave because business opportunity is drying up, baselines are screwy, business analytics can't keep people in their position long enough to make sence of the comp plan, marketing can't get their crap together so we have something new to sell, management is pointing fingers...... Should I go on? Aetna is not reason to freak out. The obvious is reason to freak out.

Oh did I mention that only 10-15% of the sales force is at plan this month and rep tenure continues to decrease on a weekly basis??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we all remember the "Aetna Pull Through Campaign" it should not be too harmful to GXDX. Let us not forget Medicare is the largest payor in the Oncology market place. The payors are not the enemy or the reason to leave. Leave because business opportunity is drying up, baselines are screwy, business analytics can't keep people in their position long enough to make sence of the comp plan, marketing can't get their crap together so we have something new to sell, management is pointing fingers...... Should I go on? Aetna is not reason to freak out. The obvious is reason to freak out.

Oh did I mention that only 10-15% of the sales force is at plan this month and rep tenure continues to decrease on a weekly basis??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a genius! They still work here???

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let us celebrate this fourth with firing some really incompetent bozos and jealous unqualified managers, declare our Independance!